Hello newbie here

FlatBroke

New to the forum not to trucking...

Glad to have found this forum...

Well, I'm new to this forum and trucking, have about 5 1/2 years barely. I had a question and not sure where to post it about the series 60 detroit engine, on the turbo where it connects to the motor is leaking oil, and was barely changed out three months ago. Then now the velocity on the truck, is giving me problems as well. Just changed out the TPS last week.

Well this really isnt the thread for it, I'm not sure what you mean by where the turbo connects to the motor. The turbo connects to the exhaust manifold, and the stack. If you could be more specific that would be great. Is it the cool side or the hot side? Inside the IC pipes? Exhaust? Lots of details needed. But a leak isnt good no matter which way you put it.

my husband just started driving and my daughter and I have never been away from him for longer than a week. well, let me rephrase, my daugther has never been separated from him and I have been for at least a week for a funeral in another state. So, I get to play single mom while he is out driving. any tips you can give me to keep my sanity?

My missy and I found that keeping an open communication was a key factor in keeping our relationship strong. No matter when, I would answer my phone when it was her calling. This I believe was the one thing that did keep our relationship strong while I was away.

-ss-

I am also new to the forum. my husband just started this new career and my daughter and I trying to go on. try keeping an 8 year old calm who has never been away from her daddy.

Who? I, personally, am more than happy to help whenever I can. But I must point out I am only able to assist with advise regarding how I addressed the issue of seperation between my wife and I. This truly is a circumstance which both of you will need to work very hard on together. This is the number one issue that effects a relationship in a trucker's family...the long periods away from home.

The second, and I know this from experience, is a husband's feelings of complete helplessness regarding the protection of his family. This was the biggest issue I had out on the road...the inability to be there when my family needed me. The hardest day for me out on the road was when my wife had a gall bladder attack and ended up in the emergency room at the hospital, and I was 2,000 miles away. That was the roughest two days of bobtailing during my entire time as an O/O.

These are the type of situations which y'all need to be prepared for and understand how y'all will deal with them...and these type of situations will truly test the resolve of your relationship. The life of a trucker is not an easy one.

-ss-

I am also new to the forum. my husband just started this new career and my daughter and I trying to go on. try keeping an 8 year old calm who has never been away from her daddy.

This is normal mam... all of us drivers ( male ) or Female have to go through this... when starting the OTR - Driving Career.

The hardest part will be Luap's first 1-3 Years... Thats where he'll gain the road EXP most local companies require.. in order to get him HOME and into a local position...

I'll not candy coat it... It's ROUGH...
He'll HATE it... for the first 2 through 38 MONTHS... It's going to play hell on his family life, but * you * must keep pushing him and inspiring him... Trust me... HE'LL Wanna QUIT! Just assure him everything's going to be allright, and that You'll stand behind him... on this Decision...

I know its a hard one...
WE ALL DO!

As for YOU? Again... We've got a bunch of awesome ladies HERE on our forum * HERE* for you to ( CALL ) and even talk to openly on the forum...
and THEY alone will also help you in this ( new ) venture...

YOU must know this,
The path that LUAP just took for his family is one in whith is an HONOR for ( him ). He's chosen IT and ( IT ) will be hard on him... both mentaly and emotionally...

Welcome to the FAMILY Mrs ( LUAPsWife )...
Thats what it is....

The trucking Industry for all that choose to enter into it is that of a FAMILY oriented business.. It is a FAMILY thing...

No matter how hard LUAP will tRy to seporate YOU, and the Family from the bitterness of the industry? It will slowly bring the whole family into it...
Again... It's a FAMILY thing....
Not sure , why... but it is...
ask anyone here... and they'll tell yah...

ALL THE BEST.. honey.... Dont worry... Just DIG DEEP... HOLD on... and Keep your * DRIVER * Focused ....

We're all sure ... He'll be just fine....
10-4?

He's spoken to us all BEFORE He even made this choice...
We're well aware... And We think he'll be ( OK )...
It's up to YOU now to keep him on TARGET... and DONT LET the Industry get the best of * YOUR * Driver... because it will TRY, and IT CAN....
OK?

All the best,
Matt

Ps,
Im a little new to this also... The 14 Years in the industry has taken it's TOLL on me and my Family also... ( Just HANG ) in there....

Also when he comes home he may seem a bit wide eyed or restless so to speak. Its quite a change climbing out of that RIG and walking into the living room it takes a little time to get use to being back home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread