Happy Thanksgiving

Shreck

Happy Thanksgiving from sunny Florida and high of 76 today. Ham and turkey 🦃 are in the oven.Dinner is at 1:00 everyone is welcome.

Happy Thanksgiving from sunny Florida and high of 76 today. Ham and turkey 🦃 are in the oven.Dinner is at 1:00 everyone is welcome.
dammit, don't you just know it, i can't get there from here.

but i know, it's the thought that counts....

thanksgiving-meme.jpg

Yeah, I would too! It's 52 out there right now and dry conditions expected over the next 6 hours.

Thanksgiving was great, hope everyone enjoyed it.

Back to work today, grabbed a premium holiday weekend rate to Hopkinsville, KY.

Week will be over by Friday morning at the latest, at which point I begin part time driving for a few months due to Gymnastics season kicking off.

Happy thanksgiving to my American Amigos!
Another dumb question.

So I know Canadians do not celebrate Thanksgiving like we do, the day is different for you guys, it's been moved around and whatnot.

So what exactly do you guys celebrate as commemorative.

Also I imagine there is like a rush of Canadians who have ties to the US who make it a thing to travel down here for the holiday.

Does the media up there even mention our Thanksgiving holiday much or it's no big deal to you guys.

Last edited:
Another dumb question.

So I know Canadians do not celebrate Thanksgiving like we do, the day is different for you guys, it's been moved around and whatnot.

So what exactly do you guys celebrate as commemorative.

Also I imagine there is like a rush of Canadians who have ties to the US who make it a thing to travel down here for the holiday.

Does the media up there even mention our Thanksgiving holiday much or it's no big deal to you guys.
There are no dumb questions and I like that you take an interest.
Thanksgiving in Canada is the second Monday of October.

Thanksgiving is not as big as it is with Americans, I mean it is fairly big families get together but it is in October where as American thanksgiving in November is kind of the kick-off to the holiday season.

Yeah there are a lot of Canadians that will travel south for American thanksgiving because of family ties.
The media up here definitely mentions American Thanksgiving mostly because it proceed Black Friday. Black Friday the day of amazing deals and some insane YouTube Walmart fist fights.

When I used to deliver to the U.S. long haul I would have to work Canadian thanksgiving but I would be off for American Thanksgiving. I used to cook a turkey on American Thanksgiving because I was off. Sometime I would get two Thanksgivings.

One thing that I learned about many years ago was deep fried turkey. I have never had one and I hear they are awesome! That is something that is catching on here in Canada brought up from the U.S.

We celebrate to commemorate our successful pilgrimage and making it through the winter.

What do you guys celebrate Thanksgiving for?
Supposedly sitting down with the natives to enjoy a good harvest in a meal of peace.
I am not sure how true that is but probably celebrating a good harvest part is true.

Thanksgiving was invented to celebrate the discovery of corn and sweet potatoes and grandmas who smell like the Avon catalog.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread