Happy Thanksgiving, but Screw the Holidays

Jambalaya was awesome...
Not happy about having to tone down the spice and black beans but had to cater to the candy arses...lol
20191128_183439.jpg

Why not Friday?
Well, I am glad you asked.
I can only assume that having Thanksgiving on a Friday would entail all the prep work for the family feast to be done on Thursday and that would be a work day. So, like not much prep/cooking time.
Maybe they could "say" Friday was Thanksgiving and actually eat turkey on saturday :dunno:
People like fridays and long weekends! Everyone hates mondays and likes long weekends.

Well I successfully got out of going to the annoying family's house.

We went up to the Petro in Monee. It cost $43 😨

The turkey was dry as shit like they tried to make it like beef jerky.

They ruined the ham with some kind of sugary shit, probably honey.

The sweet potatoes tasted like regular potatoes with orange food coloring.

The mash terpaters were the artificial powder and water mix kind and the gravy had a waxy skin floating on top so I didn't try any.

Soups were boring old chicken noodle and broccoli cheese.

Salad would have been OK if they had the diced up ham squares. But they didn't because they suck.

Next year maybe I'll cook something. 🤬

The turkey was dry as **** like they tried to make it like beef jerky.

They ruined the ham with some kind of sugary ****, probably honey.

The mash terpaters were the artificial powder and water mix kind and the gravy had a waxy skin floating on top so I didn't try any.

Salad would have been OK if they had the diced up ham squares. But they didn't because they suck.

Other then that how was your meal?

The turkey was dry as **** like they tried to make it like beef jerky.

They ruined the ham with some kind of sugary ****, probably honey.

I have been to that Petro. They was building something down that frontage road I hauled insulation to this past spring or summer. I wasn’t impressed with the grilled chicken I got there either. It was a white piece of shoe leather with shriveled up veggies on the side. No thanks. Not doing that again. Sorry for your experience but I hope you n the misses enjoyed your day regardless.

I have been to that Petro. They was building something down that frontage road I hauled insulation to this past spring or summer. I wasn’t impressed with the grilled chicken I got there either. It was a white piece of shoe leather with shriveled up veggies on the side. No thanks. Not doing that again. Sorry for your experience but I hope you n the misses enjoyed your day regardless.
So what you're saying is, if I need to patch my boots I should go get some of their chicken?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread