Hammer goes to the Dark Side...

Star is the last truck built with real headlights in it. All the rest have this plasic covered garbage.

Good lookin' parking lot! :thumbsup:

How is the Star Car? Do they still build them as tight and rattle free as they used to?
They do. Although this cab is supposedly going away in a couple years. The 49X is the replacement, and that's a Crapcadia cab, which I want no part of.

Star is the last truck built with real headlights in it. All the rest have this plasic covered garbage.

I have a full set of JW Speaker LED projectors at home waiting to go in. They are quite literally the best lighting package I've ever seen, it was the best $800 bucks ever spent on a truck.

My 389 has the projector lights. I put a set of LED's in them and mister, they put out some light. The color temperature of them is 6500k @ 15,000 Lumens each. Rarely do I need the high beams. Plus I put a set of Australian Bush Lights in place of the fog lights. I call them 'The Equalizers', for the idiots that have to have those stupid lights on. The light the road up like daylight.

Reset today, got a lot of truck stuff done.

Biggest one was my lines from tractor to trailer. On this setup, the connections are very close to each other, front to back, maybe 18". When I picked it up, I wasn't happy with how they'd run the lines, think of the Greek letter omega, but upside down. Radii were way too tight on the hydraulic, binding the hose enough to work the fittings loose, and everything was rubbing on the trailer nose. So I added elbows to the air and hydraulic lines. Not happy with the electric lines, but I'll find a way to fix that. Still dirty from spraying oil everywhere, but I didn't want to lose my parking spot to get washed. Worked out well, all the lines are below deck height.
20210802_145349.jpg.
Added some lighting to the floor...

20210802_213432.jpg
And rigged up the backlight on the DataStar to the panel dimmer. I put a switch to allow full brightness in daytime. But it was like having a flashlight in your face at night. 20210802_213450.jpg

Wouldn't a set of 90's on the gladhands be better than the straight out fittings that are there? It seems that with the bend in the flex hose, it may tend to lift up on the gladhand connection and disconnect it.

That's the way it appears in the pictures. I'm not there to feel the tension on the hoses.

Wouldn't a set of 90's on the gladhands be better than the straight out fittings that are there? It seems that with the bend in the flex hose, it may tend to lift up on the gladhand connection and disconnect it.

That's the way it appears in the pictures. I'm not there to feel the tension on the hoses.
The hoses are that heavy 1/2" rubber like we used at the wheel ends. So there's enough weight & flexibility there that there's not really much up on the air, it is noticeable on the hydraulics though.

You're the one doing the work. I'm just looking at the pictures.

Right now, I need to get in the shower and out the door to the Peterbilt Prison. Be safe out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread