Hammer goes to the Dark Side...

It's approximately 50 degrees, light mist, no wind. You'll be fine.
I gotta go up to Bolingbrook at 5. It'll be crappier by then I'm sure.
You can tell the wind is coming off the lake today. It's in the mid-fifties east of Lake Station and west of Joliet, and in the mid-forties and foggy in between.

I usually run over to Iowa City enough 380 and 218, that's not looking real promising on the radar, so I might make a right turn at Albuquerque and run up 39

A bacon butter double sure sounds good about now. I don't think there's a Culver's between me and Grass Lake, and after that I don't care I won't cross any more scales anyway.
Grass Lake is always working even when they are not there. A few times I have been through Grass lake and someone left the OPEN lights on when they went home. :rolllaugh:

Made it to Floyd, IA. Probably 2 ton of ice on truck, looking at suspension pressure. Luckily the temp gradient was really steep, never saw much ice on the road. Went from raining and wet to snowing and covered in 10 minutes. Conditions weren't atrocious, but you'd never know that from how slow traffic was moving.

20200110_193501.jpg

Made it to Floyd, IA. Probably 2 ton of ice on truck, looking at suspension pressure. Luckily the temp gradient was really steep, never saw much ice on the road. Went from raining and wet to snowing and covered in 10 minutes. Conditions weren't atrocious, but you'd never know that from how slow traffic was moving.

View attachment 56159

I stopped in Rochelle and was completely unaware of this.

I have a whopping 2900 in the box going into Beaver Dam.

Lovely.

Doesn't seem to have moved too much at 0200 - 4 hours later. Still on the warm side SW of Chicago.

Do you stay at the wagon wheel?

That's where I'm at. One of those places I've been past a bunch of times, but never stopped at.
Doesn't seem to have moved too much at 0200 - 4 hours later. Still on the warm side SW of Chicago.
Was strange watching it progress on the radar history. The frontal boundary moved really slow across Northern Illinois, while it was moving quickly east further south in Missouri and dropping south across Michigan. Like a huge bow being drawn with handle near the quad cities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread