Hammer goes to the Dark Side...

They just buy whatever ugly thing fits their budget. You get a choice of Gray, Black, White and Red and they all have gray interiors. I miss the days of ordering what I want, not what they want to give me.
Like back when Henry Ford was building model T's, He said the people can have any color they want as long as it is black.

Like back when Henry Ford was building model T's, He said the people can have any color they want as long as it is black.
Yeah but there wasn't much competition back then either.

Kinda the same today with the semiconductor shortage the Dealers have the upper hand currently and you buy what they got because not much else is available and they know somebody else will buy it.

Once they get this Semiconductor Shortage balanced out though I think your gonna see a massive crash in vehicle prices because all the carmakers are gonna ramp up production full blast thinking there is much more demand than actual reality.

I also think the FED will be forced to raise Interest Rates soon to control Inflation and that will make Borrowing Costs higher too forcing more downward pressure on prices

Last edited:
Once they get this Semiconductor Shortage balanced out though I think your gonna see a massive crash in vehicle prices because all the carmakers are gonna ramp up production full blast thinking there is much more demand than actual reality.
I imagine the sales on these cars that have been sitting will be amazing.

Everyone is screaming about a car shortage. I go by dealers with lots full of cars and trucks. More cars than trucks. The local Ford dealer has only a few trucks on the lot. No one wants cars anymore.

Everyone is screaming about a car shortage. I go by dealers with lots full of cars and trucks. More cars than trucks. The local Ford dealer has only a few trucks on the lot. No one wants cars anymore.
There are very few new cars at most dealers. It's not unusual to go to a big dealer and find out they have less than 50 new units.

Normal supply is 120 days of inventory, most are well under 30 days at this point.

Used cars are crossing the auction block over retail. Mainly because everyone is snatching up everything they can to fill the lot.

BTW , Ford no longer sells cars (except the Mustang) in the US market. Everything is SUVs & trucks.

Also, the Broncos just hit the railheads in the past few days. You'll see them at the dealers soon.

The dealers around me are pretty large. Normally they'd be packed tight.

They're all spreading things out to make the lot seem fuller.

Even the used car lots are lacking.

This is probably the slipperiest load I've ever hauled on a car hauler. About 77,000 lb, fuel mileage in the high sixes running 75 miles an hour. And as usual, almost perfectly balanced, 12. 5 32 & 32View attachment 84495
Speaking of slippery. That's one thing I'll miss about my Buick. The fuel mileage.

Tired of multiple vehicles though. Time for just one good new one under warranty (eventually). And for me that's a 3/4 ton or better pickup.

Those stupid "crossover" things are everywhere.

I heard that if you put two of them together in a garage and close the doors for a few hours, when you open it back up you'll have six more.

They're just tall hatchback cars but with "all wheel drive" whatever that is.

Those stupid "crossover" things are everywhere.

I heard that if you put two of them together in a garage and close the doors for a few hours, when you open it back up you'll have six more.

They're just tall hatchback cars but with "all wheel drive" whatever that is.
They don't even all have AWD. That's the really sad part.

This is probably the slipperiest load I've ever hauled on a car hauler. About 77,000 lb, fuel mileage in the high sixes running 75 miles an hour. And as usual, almost perfectly balanced, 12. 5 32 & 32View attachment 84495
How is visibility with the top front car so low, and past the windshield that far?

Add car carrier to the long list of trucks I've never driven.

For more than 30 years of trucking, I shock myself somedays with how many types i haven't driven .

How is visibility with the top front car so low, and past the windshield that far?

For more than 30 years of trucking, I shock myself somedays with how many types i haven't driven .
Funnest one I’ve driven is a dry bulk for hauling fly ash.

did that for a year while working for a concrete / aggregate company 25-30 years ago. Slugged a line once. That sucked.

It's not as bad as it looks. The bottom of the frame is just above my normal line of sight, so it's really only an issue on backroads that have the short steep up and downs.20210713_095432.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread