CB Radio ham radio vs cb

How prefer ham radio over cb

• Total voters

hossdog

All though I spend allot of my time on my ham in the truck to avoid the clutter and people butting into your conversations cbs have there place in the industry. I have both in my truck the cb is most often turned done except when waiting for them to call me to get loaded.

prefer cb most use them esp my buddies on

base stations. i dont like all the call signs and q codes

you have to abide by. id rather just turn on my cb

and just ask if duck has his ears on

aw the Q codes are not used as much as you think they are used mostly in passing emergancy mesages. and mostly if you want to talk to your buddy you say his call then yours. yes they do have rules on profanity. If get on 2 meter they have repeaters that you can use talk to further and some states you can talk state wide.

yeah i know but id rather just stay on 10-11 meter plus i

get more buisness from the cb radio side anyway

Nobody's really on HAM out here...The point of having a CB radio is to communicate with other trucks about misc. hazards and other info.
What would be the point of a HAM radio in a truck?

We don't really want to talk to some guy way far away about things that don't matter....At least most of us don't.

i agree black alot of guys here too dont use ham esp in their

truck their wayy to redneck for a ham radio lol

and some people love talking to another guy in another

state because it gives them the sense of hey i talked to duck

and hes 599 miles from me awsome lol well i do wanna talk DX skip etc.... but i rather talk on my radio at home if im

talking to another contact. id rather talk cb radio mobile range which is 5-20 miles to another guy

thats just me but like i said i dont get ham radios sent to me

98 percent of them are 10m-11m radios

I don't have any interest in talking to some guy 599 miles away...5 miles is fine for me.
HAM is a waste in the truck...Unless you're already a HAM guy, then maybe it makes a little sense.
Years ago, I had a "big radio" that was set up by a guy in Texas that really knew his shit.
Had a sweet 16 and everything was dialed in just right, it would talk for miles and miles....I got bored with the thing pretty quickly.
Now I have a stock 29 that works just fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread