Freightliner Grease points

thaistick

Anyone have a list or diagram of all the grease zerks on a 2006 Century with 14L detroit?

I had Petro do it the other week and noticed the next day they missed at least 2. Asked them to do the clutch but who knows if they did.

I'm not a mechanic, obviously, but I do enjoy doing some of my own maintenance, so I bought me a grease gun.

s-cam shaft X6
Slack adjuster X6
Clutch cross shaft. Left and right side.
throw out bearing
Kingpin, top and bottom, X2
5th Wheel Pivot X4 (2 per side)

That's all my 2007 Century has.

You MAY have one on each of your u-joints and the slip yokes on your drive shaft. My meritor driveline does NOT have them.

s-cam shaft X6
Slack adjuster X6
Clutch cross shaft. Left and right side.
throw out bearing
Kingpin, top and bottom, X2
5th Wheel Pivot X4 (2 per side)

That's all my 2007 Century has.

You MAY have one on each of your u-joints and the slip yokes on your drive shaft. My meritor driveline does NOT have them.
WOW, thanks so much. I got a short day tomorrow, I'll let you know what I can and more likely can't find!!! LOL

Cousin farms. He gets one for free every so often from his seed salesman. Benefit I guess of buying $60,000 every year.

He has nothing but the 12 volt units. All you need.

Buddy of mine put a Lincoln central greasing system on his trailer, the one you just pump your gun until the pin moves in and out so many times. Handy on a carhauler!

Reactions: AK7
I still use a good 'ol fashioned Lincon hand pump gun for everything from my pickups, heavy trucks, implements and tractor. I like being able to feel the resistance where I am applying the grease to feel the point where I know that the component is filled properly and not just oozing out of an area.

Now that being said, one thing that is a real kicker for anyone, irregardless of the gun they use, is one of these "Lock n Lube" grease gun tips. I won't ever grease without one! I find I waste far less grease to get the job done and have less mess.

Screenshot 2017-04-02_08-47-59.jpg

Amazon.com: LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler - Zerk Grease Coupler Fitting Tip - Easy Lock-on, Clip-off - Stays on - Grease goes in, not on the machine: Automotive

Last edited:
I still use a good 'ol fashioned Lincon hand pump gun for everything from my pickups, heavy trucks, implements and tractor. I like being able to feel the resistance where I am applying the grease to feel the point where I know that the component is filled properly and not just oozing out of an area.

Now that being said, one thing that is a real kicker for anyone, irregardless of the gun they use, is one of these "Lock n Lube" grease gun tips. I won't ever grease without one! I find I waste far less grease to get the job done and have less mess.

View attachment 39680

Amazon.com: LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler - Zerk Grease Coupler Fitting Tip - Easy Lock-on, Clip-off - Stays on - Grease goes in, not on the machine: Automotive
I need this in my life. Having 1 hand keeping darn hose on zerk can be a PIA

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread