GPS GPS/Fleet tracking software survey

ManbeastMatt

Freight Hunter
Just out of curiosity, what GPS system do you use? What are your likes and dislikes and what would you like to see added to it? Also, what fleet tracking software(peoplenet, qualcomm, etc.) does your company use and what are your likes/dislikes about it. I'm looking for features. What do you have and what do you want?

I have a Garmin nuvi200, which is great for a car, decent for a truck. the Nuvi200 doesn't have truck routing, and it isn't the only Garmin that doesn't include this. Garmin puts out a great product, but if it is truck routing you want, do some research before you decide which Garmin you buy.

Our company tracks us and does our logs via xatanet. I love it, but only because I am not OTR, so it basically takes away the hassle of the log book from me. In allows them to track us via GPS. It is very basic in that they can sen us a message to read, but we can't do anything in return like a quallcom.

I have a map for my GPS....Nextel two ways are what my company uses to track us..lol yea they suck...signal only about half the time...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread