GPS GPS device guides semi truck driver under a bridge too short

Cybergal

GPS device guides semi truck driver under a bridge too short

WASHINGTON COUNTY, Ore. – A truck driver who said he was following a new route given by his GPS device crashed his semi full of peat moss into a railroad overpass in Washington County Thursday morning.
The driver said he tried to brake the big rig as it rolled on Southwest Grahams Ferry Road towards the bridge, which had an electronic insufficient height warning system that had activated.
The system flashes a red light at drivers if their vehicle is too big to fit under the overpass.
The driver was unable to stop the truck in time and the impact heavily damaged the trailer, peeling back part of the roof and bending the lower structure of the trailer.
Neither the driver nor his passenger, who was asleep at the time of the impact, were injured.
GPS device guides semi truck driver under a bridge too short | KATU.com - Portland, Oregon | Weird News

Yeah, if you look at the picture, he took that trailer WAY under the bridge. MOst of the top is tore up, LOL

:hunter2:you think he would have under stood it if he spoke better english?
and they want mexican truck here?
go figure.

figured the GPS program was set up for 4-wheeler travel....could have been the problem....I se people trying to navigate with them all the time and they never seem to really be able to find exactely where they are going.......my GF got one for Christmas and had to take it on a shopping trip she programmed in where we wanted to go in she wanted me to follow the device and I knew whwere I neede to go and finally I said let me try it my way and we got there her device couldn't quite "drive" us the correct direction...lol

In this day of technological age....common sense is lacking! The title throws me off too, GPS guides driver under a bridge too short.....Nawwwwwwwwwww it was the driver's fault not the GPS!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread