• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

GP Transco announces substantial base pay increase for company drivers

Mike

On April 21, Joliet, Illinois-based trucking company GP Transco announced a substantial base pay increase for company drivers across the board as a way to thank drivers for their skill and professionalism and as a means of further attracting and retaining elite driving talent.

Before the pay bump, company driver base pay was 52 cents per mile (cpm). Drivers could also earn more through a performance-based profit-sharing program. Starting today, GP Transco’s company driver base pay is increased to 60 cpm, and performance-based profit-sharing will no longer indicate the total driver pay – this offers higher pay as well as increased consistency for their current and incoming drivers.

This large increase in base pay – along with the current average accessorial pay of 5 more cpm and the company’s fuel bonus program — means that W2 company drivers can expect to earn around 66 cpm during their first year with the company. The base pay increase also means that company drivers can now expect to earn about $90,000 during their first year with GP Transco (based on 2,700 miles driven on a weekly average). Company team drivers also received the same base pay increase, going from 67 cpm to 75 cpm.

I wonder how it worked put with cameras. Last year they were offering higher pay if you volunteered to have an inward facing camera.

I wonder how it worked put with cameras. Last year they were offering higher pay if you volunteered to have an inward facing camera.

Sad fact on this is that unless you have been driving for a while, you likely don't care. Everything we have fought has turned out to be welcomed as new drivers enter the arena.

I'm honestly surprised that insurance companies haven't found a way to "persuade" folks like me into being recorded. It's coming, I am sure of that.

Sad fact on this is that unless you have been driving for a while, you likely don't care. Everything we have fought has turned out to be welcomed as new drivers enter the arena.

I'm honestly surprised that insurance companies haven't found a way to "persuade" folks like me into being recorded. It's coming, I am sure of that.
My car insurance offers this smart wise or some crap.

Basically for a discount they put this thing in your car and record your driving habits.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread