Going to Lewiston IDAHO

• Probably go that route.. more Loves

• 26 Box Truck should be no "Worries" pal...

Last week I loaded at ATK also known as Federal Ammunition to Anoka Mn...

Our "Company" POLICY is no US 12 from Lewiston to Missoula and there's a "Why" 2 of our rigs in the RIVER....

Take Us 95 north to Cour-Delane and catch I90....

Not sure your "situation" but my Carrier 'pays" those EXTRA MILES following their route about a 7 n half Short

2 in the river eh? Hope they made it out!

if they went over where the river is 200 feet below them and no guard rail they probably were gone before they got wet
Probably not many remember 95 prior to the building of the "new" Lewiston Grade and Whitebird Grade. As I recall they were both built in the late 70s/ early 80s. The old roads were a series of switchbacks instead of one long grade, and a fair bit less steep. While the old roads would not accommodate today's traffic and two trucks could not pass each other on a switchback, they were quite safe as one couldn't make the corners much more than about 20 mph, so speed never became an issue.

I-90 to US 95 south is probably the best bet this time of year. US 12 is a gorgeous drive and I have always loved going up Salmon River Canyon between Payette and Grangeville on US 95, but the weather is unpredictable right now and they're working on Winchester Grade between Grangeville and Lapwai. They've been blasting the mountainside to widen the road.

Just do me a favor and don't speed through my town on your way south from Coeur d'Alene. Lot of kids here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread