Getting rid of static in the truck.

Well the body IS 60% water.
I have to admit I had no idea what he was talking about when I first read this response.
And when I saw the "likes" he got I felt even worse
that they knew what the hell he was talking about.

But I said wait a minute. You got the likes of @GAnthony @Injun and @dchawk81 (three people that could not be more different) all agreeing and liking something I had no idea about!!
I grew up with a creek in the the back of our buildings. We all said creek, (us youts) The sign said creek and yet, and yet both my parents still say crick. BOTH OF THEM:foreheadslap:
So when I saw thais I said really. I never heard anyone call a creek crick or visa versa.
In Illinois we say "creek". :)
Thats when I figured it was a city country, north south, urban rural type thing. So I tapped up my dictionary app and sure enough.

Crick-noun Northern, North Midland, and Western U.S.
1. Creek
Until I got a CDL and went out west.
Been out west out north south and east but never ever heard the term crick referring to a creek or river, stream, isthmus, peninsula straights of Gilbralter
nothing!!!

So I just chalked it up that on this forum folks here are mostly Southern or country or ruralized Roy Rodgers type people.
Nothing wrong with that. I always admired people who could build a log cabin with nothing more than a toothpick.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with that. I always admired people who could build a log cabin with nothing more than a toothpick.
That'd be @Blood - he's a field hand. The rest them southern boys around here are all house fellers. They just pertend ta git their hands dirty.

That dang Yankee what pretends he's southern - that's @Duck - he don't count.

That dang Yankee what pretends he's southern - that's @Duck - h
I don't pretend to be southern. In fact I make fun of the south. The country music, that stupid taco bell thing Texans worship like an altar, biscuits and gravy, grits, those orange things they think are potatoes, etc.

Most of them have good Christian values and vote correctly though, which is the only reason I wouldn't recommend nuking them. :thumbsup:

I don't pretend to be southern. In fact I make fun of the south. The country music, that stupid taco bell thing Texans worship like an altar, biscuits and gravy, grits, those orange things they think are potatoes, etc.

Most of them have good Christian values and vote correctly though, which is the only reason I wouldn't recommend nuking them. :thumbsup:
:rolllaugh3:

I have to admit I had no idea what he was talking about when I first read this response.
And when I saw the "likes" he got I felt even worse
that they knew what the hell he was talking about.

But I said wait a minute. You got the likes of @GAnthony @Injun and @dchawk81 (three people that could not be more different) all agreeing and liking something I had no idea about!!
sometimes, many of us just hit the "like" button, cuz we are drunk or senile, or in other ways inebriated....

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread