Gauges n' Stuff

AlexG

So I been trying to find a gauges for all kind of stuff in my truck.

But what I really want is gauges to know my fuel pressure and my Fuel temp.

I been thinking on doing the fuel pump shin mod on my truck but I don't want it to pass 110psi and they say 120 is the safe limit.

I found a part number from CAT for an upgrade spring and I heard the fuel regulator on the ACERTs tend to give out often.

My trucks has a lot of power sometimes and sometimes it just doesn't. The turbos are loud sometime and sometimes they aren't, it feel like it lacks fuel at times. And I mean like now is good, is not in 30 mins. So I'm assuming it could be a that.

Ok now my question. Does anyone know when I can get this type of gauges? I got a pyro gauge that I haven't installed due to laziness and I found a boost gauge at O'Reilly. It goes from -0-45 and I think that should be enough. Now I need a fuel temp gauge and sensor and a fuel pressure that will go up to 120 (found some that went up to 60)

Anyone?

I forgot to say this yesterday. But thanks that's exactly what I was looking for.

I already have a pyro.

I was looking for the pressure gauge

Any fluid pressure gauge can be used. You would need to mount the sensor where the fuel line enters the engine. You can't cut a hose. The pressure is way too high. There are two types of gauges. One is a hose directly connected to the gauge. I would not suggest that. The other is a sensor and a wire. I would use that. It's pretty simple to hook up. For me it is. It does involve a little wiring but I could guide you through it. The sensor may require a custom fitting and that must be made by hydraulic company who can either make hoses or has the right connectors. Also, the sensor must hook into a T fitting and not inline. If the sensor is an inline one the inside diameter must be equal or greater then the existing hose.

Any fluid pressure gauge can be used. You would need to mount the sensor where the fuel line enters the engine. You can't cut a hose. The pressure is way too high. There are two types of gauges. One is a hose directly connected to the gauge. I would not suggest that. The other is a sensor and a wire. I would use that. It's pretty simple to hook up. For me it is. It does involve a little wiring but I could guide you through it. The sensor may require a custom fitting and that must be made by hydraulic company who can either make hoses or has the right connectors. Also, the sensor must hook into a T fitting and not inline. If the sensor is an inline one the inside diameter must be equal or greater then the existing hose.
I was expecting to do a "T" connection or a sensor with the wires running to the dashboard.

I'll update this later with pics when I do it

@Injun... depends on whether you want YOUR truck to look like something special or a farmall.

If you're going to customize the gage layout, a few $$ for a better look shouldn't matter.
It's not the quality or look of the gauge. It's the retailer. Any fancy gauges you can get at Iowa 80 you can probably find online cheaper from a different retailer.

It's not the quality or look of the gauge. It's the retailer. Any fancy gauges you can get at Iowa 80 you can probably find online cheaper from a different retailer.

No doubt you can save maybe $40 if you shop around, but there's something else here too. It all depends on if the item happens to be in stock, and whether that fits your time frame for getting stuff done. $40 is starting to get to close to being chump change too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread