Gas station fuel cheaper than truck stop fuel?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
@Hillbilly Canuck

So gas station fuel is $1.04-1.06 a litre around here.

Yet truck stop fuel is around $1.18-1.23 a litre.

On a 900 litre fill up, that’s a lot of mucking foney in savings.

So what gives? I’m farther ahead to pay with cash or card at that much price difference, instead of a fuel card

I did get an application for a local fuel companies fuel card, I’ll have to see how much they’re charging a litre

Are there any sort of rebates kickbacks or anything like that with your fuel card though? How much PITA and how time consuming are said gas stations? I'm a lowly company driver. I just do what the man with the checkbook says

Are there any sort of rebates kickbacks or anything like that with your fuel card though? How much PITA and how time consuming are said gas stations? I'm a lowly company driver. I just do what the man with the checkbook says
I’d bobtail past at least two gas stations that are around $1.04 a litre on my way to pick up a wagon.

I don’t know about the rebates or kickbacks, I’ll ask at the office next week on that

I’ll see what the local fuel company says about discounts

Pretty sure most of it is taxes because of our extra wear and tear on the roads compared to cars.

Not that they actually use the money for its intent...

Some states have different tax rates for auto diesel, others do not. Probably the same up there in Canadastan.

I’d bobtail past at least two gas stations that are around $1.04 a litre on my way to pick up a wagon.

I don’t know about the rebates or kickbacks, I’ll ask at the office next week on that

I’ll see what the local fuel company says about discounts
You should be able to collect the points at say a Petro Canada or an Esso. Back in the day we used to fuel at a local Esso gas station and would get the point on our rewards card. That was until the owners daughter caught wind of this and instructed that the attendant put all the points on her card. :rolleyes-80:

You should be able to collect the points at say a Petro Canada or an Esso. Back in the day we used to fuel at a local Esso gas station and would get the point on our rewards card. That was until the owners daughter caught wind of this and instructed that the attendant put all the points on her card. :rolleyes-80:
What a see you next Tuesday of a gal! :mad:
I’d like to see about a Petro card, for the showers. They’re really fussy now about when you bought Petro fuel last, or they charge you for a shower.

I believe Shell has a fuel card network but it’s pretty small

Your standard gas station doesn't pay IFTA tax - its what's known as "off road diesel." Its fan for filling up a reefer tank, but putting it into a tractors fuel tank is against the law.
I disagree because, gas stations sell non-dyed diesel and some even sell both dyed and non-dyed diesel

Your standard gas station doesn't pay IFTA tax - commercial fuel tax. Its what's known as "off road diesel." That's fine for filling up a reefer tank, but putting it into a tractors fuel tank is against the law.
My understanding is you end up paying it anyway because it's based on miles run in that state. So if the taxes already taken out are short you'll just see a bill for the difference.

I disagree because, gas stations sell non-dyed diesel and some even sell both dyed and non-dyed diesel
Fuel tax paid by retailers for use in personal vehicles is different than IFTA, is collected and reported differently. There's no crossover between them.

My understanding is you end up paying it anyway because it's based on miles run in that state. So if the taxes already taken out are short you'll just see a bill for the difference.
Guess again. You'll see a pair of handcuffs for fuel tax evasion.

BTW standard gas stations sell regular diesel for cars. It's not dyed off-road.
And it's still illegal to pump it into a commercial tractor operating under IFTA rules. BTW, there's more to it than just sharing taxes collected. Try looking up IFTA fuel audit, and penalties.

Go warm your brain up. The cold has you addled.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread