Peterbilt FYI...Pete Glider Kits

Hanover Fist

Not sure if this will affect anyone's plans here, but here's an "FYI" just in case.
I just heard from an inside source that for 2020 (model year 2021) Peterbilt will no longer be selling glider kits. This is a Paccar decision so the same will hold true for Kenworth.
So while this is simply hearsay at this point, I'm fairly confident that it will be the case.

Not sure if this will affect anyone's plans here, but here's an "FYI" just in case.
I just heard from an inside source that for 2020 (model year 2021) Peterbilt will no longer be selling glider kits. This is a Paccar decision so the same will hold true for Kenworth.
So while this is simply hearsay at this point, I'm fairly confident that it will be the case.
I knew some manufacturer announced this, but didn’t remember which one.

Gliders are a valuable commodity right now, may become more valuable. Mine is a 2015 with close to 400k on it and I had people ready to buy it for $95k til I backed out of selling it.

Wreck replacement trucks are still available. Truck has to be under 10yrs old and under 435,000 miles. Customer ordering the truck has to have owned the doner truck when it was crashed and provide documentation to support it.

But as @Humble pie said gliders as we used to know them are done.

Got a nice looking Coronado sitting at Freightliner in Neosho, MO. Not sure what engine it has in it, but the guy at the parts counter said it was a 13 speed.

I started to go check it out, but lost interest.

I like my glider, but just don’t think I would go that route again.

Wreck replacement trucks are still available. Truck has to be under 10yrs old and under 435,000 miles. Customer ordering the truck has to have owned the doner truck when it was crashed and provide documentation to support it.

But as @Humble pie said gliders as we used to know them are done.
Almost, but there's more...you must also be the original owner of the truck, no exceptions.

Got a nice looking Coronado sitting at Freightliner in Neosho, MO. Not sure what engine it has in it, but the guy at the parts counter said it was a 13 speed.

I started to go check it out, but lost interest.
Too far to walk huh? :D

Almost, but there's more...you must also be the original owner of the truck, no exceptions.
I cant find any documentation to support that. The customer must own the truck at the time of the crash and be the same person ordering the wreck replacement. No where I can find does it state it has to be the original owner of the truck.

I cant find any documentation to support that. The customer must own the truck at the time of the crash and be the same person ordering the wreck replacement. No where I can find does it state it has to be the original owner of the truck.
The dealer bulletin states what you indicated above, but a call to Peterbilt said otherwise.
I'll see what I can find out...stay tuned

Ok, another call to Peterbilt determined that they did temporarily change their policy but quickly undid those changes based on customer complaints. A replacement is available to the current owner at the time of the accident as long as all other stipulations are met.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread