Freightliner introduces in-truck exercise system

Mike

Comprised of a variety of elastic resistance bands and handles, FIT connects to brackets installed to existing mounting points in sleeper cab tractors and can be configured to provide up to 150 lbs of resistance to each arm.

The training manual and instructional videos suggest a number of strength, flexibility and cardiovascular exercises with a special focus on rotator cuff and lower back problems, which Freightliner says are the top to sources of worker’s compensation claims.

FIT also comes with accessories that lets it be used in a hotel room, for those special nights drivers get a respite from sleeping in the truck.

The price is $69.95 and it is compatible with Freightliner’s current Cascadia and Coronado models and can be used with older Century Class and Columbia trucks, as well.

Full Story

You can do a full workout with just one set of dumbbells that have adjustable weights. There are many books that show exactly how to do the exercises. Also, using parts of the truck outside can be used for many exercises also.

You can do a full workout with just one set of dumbbells that have adjustable weights. There are many books that show exactly how to do the exercises. Also, using parts of the truck outside can be used for many exercises also.

I keep a small set of dumbells in the truck, though they are loose in the truck and will probably kill me if I ever have a wreck :)

The resistance bands are great though. I had to use them during physical therapy for a back injury a few years ago, and I was amazed at the workout you can get with them.

Planning on having these in the truck pretty soon.

There was a movie with Sylvester Stallone. He was a truck driver and competed in arm wrestling. He had handles on pulleys with weights or something so he could work out his arms while driving.

Before I got lazy I had a 2x12x6 board that had a collapsible table leg on one end. I would put one end of the board on the bumper of my trailer then put the legs down and bingo, a bench.

Your back you can work out real easy with one dumbbell or a gallon of water. Put your left knee and leg on the step of your truck then your left palm on the step also. Back straight, head up looking forward then with your right hand lift the weight straight up close to your body as high as you can. Then turn around and do the other side.

There was a movie with Sylvester Stallone. He was a truck driver and competed in arm wrestling. He had handles on pulleys with weights or something so he could work out his arms while driving.

"Over The Top"

Seen it a few times, LOL.

Well, that didn't go well. Watched the video then Jet Li fighting his master, then a 600 pound sumo wrestler boxing match then something with big boobs. It doesn't matter what you start watching, RC planes flying, Russian trains starting in 40 below zero. It always leads you to boobs in the end.

Sounds nifty. I used to carry adjustable dumbbells with me, but they can add quite a bit of weight. The bands are much lighter (not to mention easier to store) so having a system in place to maximize the usefulness of the bands would be very helpful. That would definitely be something I would look into if I ever get to buy a truck like I want to someday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread