Freightliner continues layoffs

truckerstrike08

Navigational Assistant
Freightliner continues layoffs

Jan 9, 2009 11:33 AM
Freightliner announced yesterday that the company will lay off more than 2,000 employees in North Carolina, according to The Charlotte Observer.
A total of 2,137 workers—about 600 in Mount Holly, 1300 in Cleveland and 275 in Gastonia—will be laid off on March 13, the Observer said, adding that the workforce at the Cleveland plant will fall from 2,900 employees last spring to about 700 after the layoffs take effect.

n addition, nearly 200 workers at the Freightliner plant in Portland, OR will be let go at the end of the month, OregonLive.com reported. Daimler AG, Freightliner’s parent company, already announced that the plant will close in June 2010.

2.6 million jobs lost over the past 12 months...and counting.

' I'M MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! '
-ss-

Everyday you hear of another company laying employees off.I look for this recession to last at least a yr.Just out of curiousity who do you all think is too blame for the bad economy?

Everyday you hear of another company laying employees off.I look for this recession to last at least a yr.Just out of curiousity who do you all think is too blame for the bad economy?

One answer.
Those in our government who advocated and approved deficit spending.
I won't bore anyone with the numbers because I've stated them more than once.
It's real simple. You can spend more than your paycheck on occasion but you've got to pay it back.
If you don't, you'll eventually be broke, homeless and hungry.
Sound familiar?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread