Freightliner 114SD Reliability?

Canadian Eh

I can't make up my mind what to get for new trucks.
So joined this forum to read up, and get help.
Overall is the 114SD reliable?
If I were to go automatic transmission is that a mistake? Never had an automatic transmission in a truck before.
Will be hauling fuel with some, gravel with others.
So not all pavement, and year round despite mud, snow, steep hills, and more.
Thanks in advance.

If I am buying new, which I just did, it is going to be Freightliner or Western Star because I want the reliability and fuel economy of a Detroit.

I wouldn’t be afraid of the automated transmission at all. It has manual mode for when you need it.

Main thing is to spec it correctly. Being a new truck, you have the option for 1850 torque. Order it like that and it will have a stronger driveline.

If I am buying new, which I just did, it is going to be Freightliner or Western Star because I want the reliability and fuel economy of a Detroit.

I wouldn’t be afraid of the automated transmission at all. It has manual mode for when you need it.

Main thing is to spec it correctly. Being a new truck, you have the option for 1850 torque. Order it like that and it will have a stronger driveline.

Thanks for your reply.
I would start with just 4 new trucks to expand my business . But if i find something that I like, buy more in the future to replace some aging iron.
I have never owned a truck with a Detroit, but hear good things. They should be like a rocket with that much power.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread