Freight Relocators driver check call. Check in early and often!

Time to….

Wait for permits….

3A4BE4FA-2558-47E8-91CA-59A09D364CFE.jpegCC812752-3699-4456-9AC4-F06FB2C88453.jpeg08909A90-82F4-4AD4-A96F-DCBF51E533B5.jpeg

Still waiting for the Virginia permit to be issued.

It seems the state was closed yesterday for their Election Day activities.

Entirely.

Looks like it was a trick backing in there
Zero pull-ups. Surprised myself. Managed to get under the trailer just as it was getting straight with the driveway and had just enough room in front of me to keep the steers on the road.

Of course, after I left, I could r manage I hit three open spots at the loves.

Getting out was the nervous part because 45k of walnuts and I knew I had to put the tandems in the grass.

Got my permit mid afternoon finally. Got to Lexington VA and shut down.

Up and at it early at 5:30 am edt.

Tonight I’ll start at 2:30 am so I can cross the Memphis Mississippi bridge before morning traffic…

At 5 MPH….

The entire way.

This is the same I-40 bridge they just finished reopening…

So…

If you hear the bridge collapses before morning rush hour…

Cue @Duck and the big ROFLMAO

Got my permit mid afternoon finally. Got to Lexington VA and shut down.

Up and at it early at 5:30 am edt.

Tonight I’ll start at 2:30 am so I can cross the Memphis Mississippi bridge before morning traffic…

At 5 MPH….

The entire way.

This is the same I-40 bridge they just finished reopening…

So…

If you hear the bridge collapses before morning rush hour…

Cue @Duck and the big ROFLMAO
5mph? Do you even have to be in the driver's seat at that speed? You could go in the sleeper and make a sandwich.

5mph? Do you even have to be in the driver's seat at that speed? You could go in the sleeper and make a sandwich.
Unfortunately, the lowest we can set the cruise speed in the ecm on this engine is like 20 mph.

I’ll check it out tomorrow. I know I took the bottom limits off and it will let me hit resume around 15-20 mph.

The bridge is like 1 1/2 mile long…

I suppose I could time it to go through at like 7:30 am.

B6153789-CD43-45BE-A2C1-5EF3B114D737.jpeg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the lowest we can set the cruise speed in the ecm on this engine is like 20 mph.

I’ll check it out tomorrow. I know I took the bottom limits off and it will let me hit resume around 15-20 mph.

Just let it idle lope. Blip the throttle a wee bit to get 'er moving and you should be good. 👍

My truck is the same way for cruise. 20-25 or something like that. Freightliner is 10 I think. I used to use it around the rail yard. 😂

I am sooooo freakin’ tempted to time this for hitting the bridge at 7:30 am….

“You need to do what is on the permit….”

Sure thing there officer Dudley….

I’ll make sure to do this at the busiest time of the day traffic wise for you folks….

I am sooooo freakin’ tempted to time this for hitting the bridge at 7:30 am….

“You need to do what is on the permit….”

Sure thing there officer Dudley….

I’ll make sure to do this at the busiest time of the day traffic wise for you folks….
I laugh because I would be unaffected.

View attachment 85691
Years ago I had a speed sensor go out on a Volvo with an ISX.

Cruise wouldn't work but I could set the fast idle. It would actually give me a little bit of turbo but wouldn't exceed 1100 RPM on fast idle.

Maybe stop before the bridge and unplug the wire from your speed sensor and use the fast idle to cross the bridge?

It wasn't a DEF model but might've been DPF.

I think it's important that you establish a line of succession for the forum if you haven't already.
If I survive this, I’m hoping to be at a half marathon by the end of next year.

This will be a struggle. My plan to get ready for it was knocked backwards by my reaction to the covid vaccine. Blood pressure out of whack, kidney issues, and no lung capacity. Trying to work my way back to normal, then hit with a bad case of actual covid at the end of August. Almost hospitalized, only not hospitalized because I wouldn’t go.

Battling since to get back to normal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread