Freight Relocators driver check call. Check in early and often!

Hitler loved concrete.

If the decking was a good use of the square footage, it's already dug out, just build a new deck on one side or the other the proper way.

Then you won't be trying to rearrange the furniture here.

If the decking was a good use of the square footage, it's already dug out, just build a new deck on one side or the other the proper way.

Then you won't be trying to rearrange the furniture here.

It was OK, but not as practical as the concrete. I cook out there quite a bit and it would be nice to roll the grills out there, just not comfortable grilling on a wood deck. Especially when I fire up the smoker and then leave the house for several hours with it unattended.

Thinking now about doing concrete, but rocking a center circle for a fire pit. That way we have a solid surface for chairs/lounges.

The people that built the house originally also had the great idea of putting glue traps under the deck. The spacing was just wide enough to slip them through there, but obviously, no way to get them back out. There was a graveyard of little mice and a large frog underneath. I'm still scratching my head as to how the frog got under there.

This is becoming a short term house for us, most likely. If we were going to be here permanently, I already had the idea to turn the entire backyard into a swimming pool. Large, meaning zero grass at all. Just a rock garden area around the perimeter, and pool area everywhere else beyond the actual porch. Even had an outdoor kitchen in mind for it.

Yop…

Next to tailgating, probably my biggest pet peeve…

Asshats on the fuel island…

I’m done.

I won’t say shit to anyone again…

But am starting to call safety department and complain about the asshats.

The one today was very interested in how bad an issue this really is…

“Your asshat kept me waiting 15 minutes for him to come out with a thermos of coffee…. “

Yop…

Next to tailgating, probably my biggest pet peeve…

Asshats on the fuel island…

I’m done.

I won’t say shit to anyone again…

But am starting to call safety department and complain about the asshats.

The one today was very interested in how bad an issue this really is…

“Your asshat kept me waiting 15 minutes for him to come out with a thermos of coffee…. “
I had literally JUST pulled up to a fuel island and no sooner switched my elog from drive to on duty when a driver came up to me asking when I was going to move because it looked like I had been there a while.

I'm nice as can be and all because bad shoulder and all but I'm thinking dude I just got here which means YOU just got here. How TF could it have looked like I've been here a while. 😏

When I pull in and fuel and have to wait for someone to come out..

The cashier commented to me when I got my cheeseburger how I’d pulled up so tight. Barely had enough room to walk between his trailer and my bumper.

A real “old skool” driver too. Boots, hat, buckle and shirt with vest to boot.

He would have been a good one for the thread on real high speed driva’s

His dress was better than shorts, flip-flops and a wife beater t-shirt that most of these steering wheel holders wear.

I had literally JUST pulled up to a fuel island and no sooner switched my elog from drive to on duty when a driver came up to me asking when I was going to move because it looked like I had been there a while.

I'm nice as can be and all because bad shoulder and all but I'm thinking dude I just got here which means YOU just got here. How TF could it have looked like I've been here a while. 😏
That would have resulted in flashers on and good up until he was forced to back out of the fuel island. I have no tolerance for people running their mouths to me like this.

That would have resulted in flashers on and good up until he was forced to back out of the fuel island. I have no tolerance for people running their mouths to me like this.
If he wasn't actually pretty decent about it I would have gone into prick mode. Just weird to come up on someone the second you arrive yourself and make any kind of assumption about how long they were there.

IOW his attitude wasn't bad but the whole premise was ridiculous.

So, an XPO agent is really pissed at me now. Pissed to the point of threatening to remove me from a load, but he knows he can’t risk the load not being covered.

XPO has apparently decided to send tracking location emails every 6-8 minutes to let me know where I am at all times.

I kindly asked to make it stop. Nobody can do anything about it, so they are now automatically being forwarded to the agent and to support.

I don’t miss working with brokers…
Lol. You likely get contacted by your dispatch far more than I have to deal with actual brokers.

Update: I stopped receiving the emails shortly after setting up the forwarding. It’s amazing how something that can’t be resolved magically gets resolved.

Lol. You likely get contacted by your dispatch far more than I have to deal with actual brokers.

I can go for weeks with an occasional email from dispatch.

We spend more time bsing about hunting and wrestling (he coaches)

So, an XPO agent is really pissed at me now. Pissed to the point of threatening to remove me from a load, but he knows he can’t risk the load not being covered.

XPO has apparently decided to send tracking location emails every 6-8 minutes to let me know where I am at all times.

I kindly asked to make it stop. Nobody can do anything about it, so they are now automatically being forwarded to the agent and to support.
I haven't left XPO yet but I will shortly. As soon as my LLC is processed and I get insurance and a plate. I've had the shits of them as a leased on owner as well.

I'm the guy who would probably be on YouTube accidentally pushing his truck over on its side.
Track loader aint hard to run. 2 levers for the bucket, 1 lever on other side for forwards and backwards. They have hydrostatic trans unlike a dozer. 2 pedals on the floor to steer. You’d get the hang of it inside of 15 mins

Track loader aint hard to run. 2 levers for the bucket, 1 lever on other side for forwards and backwards. They have hydrostatic trans unlike a dozer. 2 pedals on the floor to steer. You’d get the hang of it inside of 15 mins
And people wonder why equipment operators are animated talkers…

Can’t do shit without all four limbs flailing all the time doing something…

And people wonder why equipment operators are animated talkers…

Can’t do shit without all four limbs flailing all the time doing something…
What do you like for a backhoe? 2 sticks, 3?

Played with a Case 480 with 3 stick once. That wasnt pretty

2 is quite enough

What do you like for a backhoe? 2 sticks, 3?

Played with a Case 480 with 3 stick once. That wasnt pretty

2 is quite enough
Guess I’ve never run a three stick.

Graders are fun. Only 6 levers….

On each side of the wheel.

It’s interesting that things are going the way of joysticks like arcade games on the new stuff.

Ergonomically, it has to do with reducing repetitive motion injuries.

I know the old equipment had levels with travel distance measured in inches.

Now it’s got micro switches measured in fractions and an adjustable palm swell for resting your hand on.🥺😳

We were loading some skid steers.

Single guy came out with a cart and 8 controllers. Zipped each one on to the trailer without walking a foot.

Loaded two of us in about 20 minutes

Guess I’ve never run a three stick.

Graders are fun. Only 6 levers….

On each side of the wheel.

It’s interesting that things are going the way of joysticks like arcade games on the new stuff.

Ergonomically, it has to do with reducing repetitive motion injuries.

I know the old equipment had levels with travel distance measured in inches.

Now it’s got micro switches measured in fractions and an adjustable palm swell for resting your hand on.🥺😳

We were loading some skid steers.

Single guy came out with a cart and 8 controllers. Zipped each one on to the trailer without walking a foot.

Loaded two of us in about 20 minutes
One of these days I'm going to need a skid steer but I don't like my dad's old lever style. The joystick ones are stupid expensive though because everyone wants them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread