Freight Relocators driver check call. Check in early and often!

Was on YouTube..

Btw he Could've IDLED that Truck if he had a Screwdriver down the Pedal and some "Ingenuity"..

And Don't give no F-WORD what the Computer System Says tell em I find another JOB tommorow or I don't wanna hear about IDLING ever Again

Because I know one of these days @Electric Chicken just" gotta Grab Onto Something..

Truckstop Hookers ...

Why TF was I tagged in this string of unconsciousness?

Cant get no fuel economy that way, driver :harumph:
Bad fuel economy is still fuel economy. Since it's you it'd be worth it. 😃

I blew the doors off one of my buddies who's still at Pumpkin once after letting him in front of me for a lane closure (obviously after it opened back up and he scooched back over). Sucked the shit out of fuel but it was worth it.

Ran the truck for the first time in a long time today without the air conditioner. Started out in Avoca Iowa, 47 degrees. Dropped to 40 by the time I reached Lincoln, NE.

Got as high as about 55 briefly, and down into the upper 30’s by the time I got to Elk Mountain in Wyoming.

Newsflash, high winds around Elk Mointain, 60+ gusts. I know, it shocked me too. Elk Mountain has a good amount of snow on the ground, first snow I have seen this year by the way.

Made it to Rawlins. Sinclair, actually. Wasn’t sure if I would make it to the TA. Upper 30’s here now, supposed to drop to the 20’s. Bunk heater is getting its first workout.

I left the house with no intention of getting more than 4-500 miles away from home. I brought one pair of pants and no coat. Totally unprepared for this trip. Made a stop in Lexington, NE. and got me a few pair of pants and a coat at Walmart, lol.

Ran the truck for the first time in a long time today without the air conditioner. Started out in Avoca Iowa, 47 degrees. Dropped to 40 by the time I reached Lincoln, NE.

Got as high as about 55 briefly, and down into the upper 30’s by the time I got to Elk Mountain in Wyoming.

Newsflash, high winds around Elk Mointain, 60+ gusts. I know, it shocked me too. Elk Mountain has a good amount of snow on the ground, first snow I have seen this year by the way.

Made it to Rawlins. Sinclair, actually. Wasn’t sure if I would make it to the TA. Upper 30’s here now, supposed to drop to the 20’s. Bunk heater is getting its first workout.

I left the house with no intention of getting more than 4-500 miles away from home. I brought one pair of pants and no coat. Totally unprepared for this trip. Made a stop in Lexington, NE. and got me a few pair of pants and a coat at Walmart, lol.
You got your tire socks at least?

Another fairly productive day. 657 miles from Rawlins to Winnemuca, NV. Left about 30 on the clock, but really nothing else to make it to other than a rest area which isn’t really a good idea in this area. Bathrooms at the rest areas out here are not pleasant.

I think I am going to camp tomorrow at the 49er in Sacramento, so just about 300 miles to run tomorrow.

Another fairly productive day. 657 miles from Rawlins to Winnemuca, NV. Left about 30 on the clock, but really nothing else to make it to other than a rest area which isn’t really a good idea in this area. Bathrooms at the rest areas out here are not pleasant.

I think I am going to camp tomorrow at the 49er in Sacramento, so just about 300 miles to run tomorrow.

Couldn't bring myself to stopping at the 49er. Would have left me with over 70 miles to drive in the morning, and well, it would be the 49'er. Decided to bounce out of route from Sacramento, down to Lodi and camp out at the Love's. More total miles, but less miles to have to drive tomorrow.

Paperwork all caught up, now time for a 3-4 mile run/walk. Probably mostly walk, but at least a little running. Gotta get prepared for my 5k. Running in Springfield, MO. on November 5th weekend. Wife will be running her first full marathon. She just finished another half marathon on the 9th. I'm about halfway commited to a half marathon next spring. If I can get through the 5k without dying, I'm gonna sign up to run the spring half marathon with the wife.

Couldn't bring myself to stopping at the 49er. Would have left me with over 70 miles to drive in the morning, and well, it would be the 49'er. Decided to bounce out of route from Sacramento, down to Lodi and camp out at the Love's. More total miles, but less miles to have to drive tomorrow.

Paperwork all caught up, now time for a 3-4 mile run/walk. Probably mostly walk, but at least a little running. Gotta get prepared for my 5k. Running in Springfield, MO. on November 5th weekend. Wife will be running her first full marathon. She just finished another half marathon on the 9th. I'm about halfway commited to a half marathon next spring. If I can get through the 5k without dying, I'm gonna sign up to run the spring half marathon with the wife.
Be sure to post pictures i have always wondered what a truck driver running would look like 👍

Be sure to post pictures i have always wondered what a truck driver running would look like 👍
fred GIF

When you absolutely need to say, “screw that load…”

Having some monkey bread and “coffee” this afternoon…

6DB9193D-7810-4714-B620-5505F73AB94B.jpeg

My morning pretrip would be over as soon as I grabbed that can.

Might make that mid morning wake up a bit easier to handle on a 34…zzzzz

Delivered in Pittsburg, CA this morning. Took about 10 minutes to unload, was there a total of less than 25 minutes. Bounced back to Lodi from there to sit and search for loads.

Broker emails me on a load to Shelby, NC. I respond with a rate, he responds with it already being covered, but has another load picking up at the same spot going to Florida. I respond with a rate, and he responds asking me to call. I call, he says the rate looks good, then a couple cuss words later, and it was covered before he could lock it in.

Tells me he has one more. This one is going to Bentonville, AR. Yep, 5 miles from my house. Asks for a rate on that one, gave it to him I (I hate doing this in real time on the phone), and he accepts it immediately. I'm literally looking at the market average and adding to it with zero resistance. So, I got a load home without looking for one, LOL.

Only slight downside is, another broker had emailed me with a load to Ocala, FL. Market was just under $9k, I didn't want to go there, so I emailed back with $11,500. He accepted it, but I had to immediately respond to him that the truck had been covered.

I hate to think what some brokers are paying to get loads moved once they get in a bind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread