food

gearjammer

jammer
I always kept a case of MRE's in my truck in case of an emergency I figured that was enough to find and secure a better food supply.
for the house, besides a well stocked pantry I currently have 150lbs of beans and and 100 lbs of rice bland eating but will be enough to survive on while looking for more.
i have of course a lot of other things salt, sugar, oil,ect
also I have a very large freezer that in an emergency I can with the help of a large dehydrator
and a generator [a discussion for another thread] will supply the family with dried meat for months.

You can make homemade MRE's with that dehydrator.

Long term food source I would say small animals like chickens, rabbits, and goats are a good investment. I mean cattle if you have the land but for those on smaller areas (and always keep in mind what you can secure) those can be raised efficiently.

already got the chickens and a few goats
and my dehydrator gets a workout all the time, my neighbors hunt and I make jerky for them in return I keep a third i am sittin on a stash of about 50 lbs of dried deer jerky right now.
I got one of them fancy jerky guns, the dehydrator will hold 30-40 lbs of meet at a time and it only takes me about an hour to load it.

I always kept a case of MRE's in my truck in case of an emergency I figured that was enough to find and secure a better food supply.
for the house, besides a well stocked pantry I currently have 150lbs of beans and and 100 lbs of rice bland eating but will be enough to survive on while looking for more.
also I have a very large freezer that in an emergency I can with the help of a large dehydrator
and a generator [a discussion for another thread] will supply the family with dried meat for months.

I have beans, rice and peanut butter stocked up at home. When I can afford it, I will do some more shopping to stock up on seasonings, chicken etc...

What do you keep the dried beans, sugar, salt, and rice in? Do you keep them in individual Tupperware containers to keep out moisture or do you have them in large buckets to keep them all together?

I have the big plastic dog food containers they hold about a hundred pounds and are bug tight.
you can get them at sam's club
they are pretty tough and have handles so moving them is fairly easy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread