Following a Skinny Dog's Journey

Some people should not be allowed to have a pet cockroach, much less a dog.
:mad:
The previous owner of this dog was "encouraged" to "voluntarily" surrender her. She is in a safe place now and will never have to spend days on end in a crate or, when she does manage to get out of the crate, dig her way through a wall to get outside to go potty. Never, ever again.

20170130_212828.jpg 20170130_212324.jpg 20170130_210603.jpg

Yes, in the last pic, it looks like the little dog has her head up the black one's ass. It's the camera angle.

You can see the deplorable condition this dog is in. She's getting some good groceries now, free run of the house, outside whenever she wants to and will not ever again be abandoned for three days in a crate while the alleged human being who is responsible for her runs off with her friends the whole time.

Dog? What dog? Last I heard, she got out and jumped in a truck. Some trucker drove off with her.

All Lab or a mix?
She's a mix. By the type of coat she has, my guess is Border Collie.

Unbelieveable how smart she is. As soon as she understands what you want, you will get it. It only took me one time of correcting her for jumping out of the truck without the leash attached and she waited every time after. She had to be told it was okay to get on the passenger seat. She slept almost the whole time.

When the new collar went on, it was like flipping a switch in her. She'd been a little shy and reserved and then, when she got the new jewelry, she was all over me like a puppy.

Wonderful, beautiful animal. I despise where she came from.

This is our black lab-border collie.
Very cool dog,but he can be a real dork.lol
Glad you were able to rescue your new pup.
20160731_185124.jpg

I don't know how this little girl is with toys. Time will tell. She has to figure out how to be a dog again instead of a prison inmate.

every one of the dogs we have ever had have rescue dogs the current pup is a female and we think mostly a foxhound with a bit of husky in her the idiot that owns the mother lets her run free and she has had 3 litters so far most of the pups end up in the pound we have been able to find homes for some of them but a lot are in the pound.
katie is one of the ones my wife just couldn't say no to, she has blue eyes sadly I think the owner had mistreated her since she was scared of her own shadow at first and even now has a hard time looking me or my wife in the eye even now she is real skittish but is coming around.
currently we have 3 rescues, lost another one unexpectedly last fall to cancer we found her years ago wandering down the high way and whoever had her had really abused her, it took a LONG time before she would trust either one of us she was a very special dog in the end and I miss her as much now as I did when she died.
all said and told we have been able to give a home to more than 20 dogs over the years and have enjoyed each and every one of them, and found good homes to countless more.
The are able to run outside we have an invisible fence and dog door for them give them their shots other than rabies ourselves and feed them well.
the best part is in the past a few have went on to become service dogs.
Watching how Katie is doing I am going to talk to the sheriffs office and see if she is a candidate as a drug dog she has a sniffer that can find anything, she is showing a lot of smarts more and more each week she is about 6 months old and I know they want them a year old to start training her biggest problem is the skittishness and hopefully she will get that out of her system.

I don't really know. Looking at her teeth, I'd guess about 6 or 7. But she has a lot of white around her mouth. Got a vet appointment for tomorrow.

She's so painfully thin.

View attachment 38458

110088854.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread