First choice

I will be starting CDL school in April and KLLM is my first choice as far as starter compaines go. I'm not sure if I hear my recruiter correctly or not, but I though he said they lease trucks after training....HUH? Is leasing the only option. I need to call him back and ask more questions, I was just in a hurry at the time. But, any body driving with them know if this is true. And on their website is says starting pay is $.32/mile. Seems pretty good, but I wonder if it is so high, because they want you to lease?

Thanks for the help!

0.32cpm may be high for a new driver,low for a driver and real low for a lease driver.Most people here will tell you to stay away from what i call lease TO NEVER OWN.You'd be better off as a new driver to learn about trucking and the business of trucking first and then if you want to buy a truck do it on your own.I would call the recruiter back and ask more questions before getting in too deep.If the recruiter is too busy to answer the hard questions that could be an indicator to not get involved with them.Good luck.

0.32cpm may be high for a new driver,low for a driver and real low for a lease driver.Most people here will tell you to stay away from what i call lease TO NEVER OWN.You'd be better off as a new driver to learn about trucking and the business of trucking first and then if you want to buy a truck do it on your own.I would call the recruiter back and ask more questions before getting in too deep.If the recruiter is too busy to answer the hard questions that could be an indicator to not get involved with them.Good luck.

Thanks. Yea, I have no desire to Lease, so if that is the case with them, then I guess I will go with someone else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread