Financing

Coronado Kid

Cactus Patch
Howdy, My fellow Family members Im wondering do you guys think I will be able to finance a w900 or a 379 as like a 4th or 5th truck please tell me and also im thinking on preowned probably right around 50k for one of these pacmobiles thank you and good news we got our authority

Probably not.

Because you're a teenager with no CDL. :D

Seriously though, I don't see a bank taking on the risk of giving a business loan to someone who has no way to demonstrate they're likely to succeed. Maybe when you're older & have some established credit & some trucking and/or business experience.

The big fleets wouldn't be able to sucker so many people into fleece deals if it were easy for rookies to get a bank loan.

Probably not.

Because you're a teenager with no CDL. :D

Seriously though, I don't see a bank taking on the risk of giving a business loan to someone who has no way to demonstrate they're likely to succeed. Maybe when you're older & have some established credit & some trucking and/or business experience.

The big fleets wouldn't be able to sucker so many people into fleece deals if it were easy for rookies to get a bank loan.
this is entertaining he doesn't even know if he will like driving but yet he wants to run out and buy something that will cost him more than a house:eek:. I can just see that now that would be a WTF moment:stare1:

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry grasshopper. but I don't think that a bank would take such a huge risk. become a company driver for a year get the exp that you need and see if you like driving!! sure you can finance a truck but banks are gonna wanna see a business plan and how much exp that you have. your 14 now so I don't know what your fico score is nor is it my business financing a truck with a LOW credit score if your lucky to obtain financing i'm sure that the intrest rates would be criminal as well as I am sure that they would want a HUGE down payment iv'e heard of financing companies asking for 60% down:eek:. also some financing companies want upto 6 yrs otr exp before they would even consider financing someone:stirpot2:. as far insurance goes as skakeboard said before progressive will give you a chance and I know that AIS will insure everyone to but don't be to shocked when the rate quotes are to the moon because you have no EXP because your just starting out:shift::thumbsup: and if you have higher insurance rates. how do you expect to stay competitive:confused-96: you would have to charge more than the other driver with a lower ins premium just to turn a profit. and goto school and take a business management course as well as many O'O's out here are or were business owners also. there's a lot of O/O's out here that's one step away from bankruptcy!!

Last edited:
so your 14 why not just bust your butt until your 21 and save every penny that you can and pay cash for it. nothing better than a truck that's paid off!!!

Yikes! K, ur being a bit out there. The Kid has ambition, and that should be congratulated.

Finance/accounting experience, I have both.

I'm coming full circle...Navy,trucking,corporate...now figuring how to get back into trucking.

K, my only advice is to keep an open mind...hehe, sry, if u ever want to be a trucker, GOTTA HAVE AN OPEN MIND.

Howdy, My fellow Family members Im wondering do you guys think I will be able to finance a w900 or a 379 as like a 4th or 5th truck please tell me and also im thinking on preowned probably right around 50k for one of these pacmobiles thank you and good news we got our authority
You have trk driving on the brain more then most trk drivers do,lol.To me it's just another job.You have a goal which is good but you're only 14, go out and have fun with people your own age and when the time comes think hard and serious about all the questions you have asked before reaching any decision.For example this question,get experience like a good solid 2 yrs before buying a trk.

Trucking will always be here.

Hell, Amazon will never clear regulations for the drones...lol, no way in hell.

Have some fun, see the world, and then come back and truck if you want to.

The first few yrs I was very proud with what I chose and thought of it as a carreer but now with all the stuff drivers are forced to put up with its nothing more then a job.
If that's the attitude you have, its time you thought about doing something else...

If that's the attitude you have, its time you thought about doing something else...
I took 2 yrs off from trucking because of my attitude about it.Im back in the field but on the construction side and liking it.The normal trucking like van and reefer,I may never go back to doing that.What I do now is awhole lot different then the trucking I did.I get paid hourly ,have a set working schedule don't work weekends,do'nt have to sit at a dock for hrs,ect ect.Come winter ill be taking it off and collecting unemployment.

Last edited:
It really depends on the type of trucking you do that can either make or break you.All I mainly did was van and reefer.Some like it but after yrs of doing it I hate it.I tried the tanker side and that's not for me either.Im glad I found a job I actually look forward to going to every day rather then dreading it and finding every excuse to call in or go home early.

Kid a job is what you make it, but passion for it and love of the job is something you don't see much anymore. I say if this is what you really want go for it. I started working on road construction when I was 17. I was on the crew building I90 over Lookout pass. On I15 building road where in crosses into Idaho, and then to trucking on the crew moving equipment around when I was 18, I've never regretted going to trucking and went to the Univ. of Montana in the winter but stayed with trucking. If you are lucky enough to find a job you love stay there and be happy.

Ain't you like in HIGH School yet...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread