Politics "Factory" towns.

Uncle Birchy

Maybe the anti-humanity environmental whack jobs can be recruited as "useful idiots". They can get an entomologist to plant some endangered species of grasshopper at the construction site.

They do it all the time to stop construction projects.
They try to stop every construction project or even a development like condos or a new subdivision.

As a matter of fact in the planning stage of any project Lawsuits and Attorney Fees are assumed and factored into the original cost estimate even before overruns.

Heck they sued to try stopping Obama's Presidential library.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Maybe the anti-humanity environmental whack jobs can be recruited as "useful idiots". They can get an entomologist to plant some endangered species of grasshopper at the construction site.

They do it all the time to stop construction projects.
Meh the environmentalist whack jobs just got all their save the planet work undone today.
Today I watched a guy shrink wrap a pallet of rolls of plastic wrap that were wrapped in plastic.

Uncle Birchy

Look I know it's a different world out there than years ago.

Industry used to be the literal "Heartbeat" of America.

Not everybody can just Drive Truck.

It's also nice to have somewhere else to go for awhile when ya get sick of running back & forth across Wyoming and the West Coast last almost 2 years.

People used to make "Good Living" that paid "Mortgages" trade up Cars every 5 years..

"Recession" okay got "Plenty Ahead" we can Trim the Fat and make afew lean years.

Welp those kinda jobs were the "Assembly Plants, " Foundries, The Slaughter and Packing Houses.

"Dirty" Industry and kinda work that actually "most" Americans won't even consider doing anymore these days.

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Welp those kinda jobs were the "Assembly Plants, " Foundries, The Slaughter and Packing Houses.

"Dirty" Industry and kinda work that actually "most" Americans won't even consider doing anymore these days.
Jobs that Americans used to do when they actually paid good money, before they let illegal aliens come in and do the same job for less than minimum wage.

That "made in USA" label doesn't mean shit if it was made by illegal aliens or automated equipment.

Mike

Jobs that Americans used to do when they actually paid good money, before they let illegal aliens come in and do the same job for less than minimum wage.

That "made in USA" label doesn't mean shit if it was made by illegal aliens or automated equipment.
Almost true.

It’s not because we let illegal aliens come in, it’s because we created entitlements that were too easy to access and shut down our own workforce via mailbox money and government paid healthcare.

If we forced people to pay their own way, the country would be 99% against the illegal immigration that takes place because they wouldn’t want people taking food off their table. You would likely find the majority of America pushing to lower yearly legal immigration and more working citizens actually having kids again.

As for automation, it is what it is. Progress and technology changes things. Seems bad at times, but overall it is good. There is more than enough work to be done in this country, and would be even more if we stopped pushing it to other places.

Uncle Birchy

Dont forget outsourcing it to China and Mexico

BlackBart

Almost true.

It’s not because we let illegal aliens come in, it’s because we created entitlements that were too easy to access and shut down our own workforce via mailbox money and government paid healthcare.

If we forced people to pay their own way, the country would be 99% against the illegal immigration that takes place because they wouldn’t want people taking food off their table. You would likely find the majority of America pushing to lower yearly legal immigration and more working citizens actually having kids again.

As for automation, it is what it is. Progress and technology changes things. Seems bad at times, but overall it is good. There is more than enough work to be done in this country, and would be even more if we stopped pushing it to other places.
Even Caesar Chavez opposed illegal immigration, but libtards dont like to acknowledge that inconvenient detail

SomethingElse

We need more porch pirates. Because f* Amazon.

What you got against Amazon? They employ a ton of Americans. Like 950,000 Plus are a huge part of the business that keeps UPS and the USPS going. Not to mention all the truckers that make money from Amazon. Truckers that aren't even employed by Amazon.

Electric Chicken

Premium
Porch pirates aren't discriminating. They'll take any package whether it's Amazon or Lowes or Home Depot or whatever anyone orders from wherever.

Smart small retailers are getting into online sales as well. Just because it's not on your own main street doesn't mean it's not on someone's main street.

Furthermore, eBay is a lot of individuals and small sellers/businesses. Porch pirates harm them too.

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Porch pirates aren't discriminating. They'll take any package whether it's Amazon or Lowes or Home Depot or whatever anyone orders from wherever.

Smart small retailers are getting into online sales as well. Just because it's not on your own main street doesn't mean it's not on someone's main street.

Furthermore, eBay is a lot of individuals and small sellers/businesses. Porch pirates harm them too.
I don't care about the main street in some town 5 states away. I care about the ones I drive by every day. Keep it local.

Electric Chicken

Premium
Oh and guess where a lot of my OE Mack parts come from...

A Mack dealer, here in PA, who sells online. I deliberately purchase from them now because I don't have to make a call or drive anywhere to find out what they have in stock. They're not literally in my town but there isn't one literally in my town. Most of it arrives in a day or two because of how close they are and it saves me from gas assing all over the place to find things.

Heaven forbid a porch pirate steal those things. Not much if it would be considered inexpensive.

Users who are viewing this thread