Politics "Factory" towns.

389 Hood

Premium
The county of Brevard created an entire new bus route along with busses and drivers to accommodate the DC for Amazon here. Funny how it routes itself right through the trailer communities.

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Premium
True and right right smack dab inbetween 2 Big Cities..

Chicago and Milwaukee "Alone" probably generate 3 Facilities of Orders & Activity "Alone"
3? 🤣

There's 15 facilities on this List to service Chicago and Milwaukee. I'm sure there are other ancillary facilities that don't fall under the fulfillment banner.

Uncle Birchy

And bygod the rest of them do not exist!
Didn't say that at all..

Kenosha I've actually been past..it's right off the Frontage Road ya can see it off the Freeway..

Racine I've actually dropped & hooked a trailer there...

That said Only ones I "know" of and wasn't "Arguing" either

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Amazon is opening massive fulfillment centers in booming places like Fargo. I swear that building is so big its going to have its own atmosphere.

"But where will the workers come from?", you ask.

Well, I tend to think there's a reason the Biden administration is doing nothing at the southern border. That's a pretty large workforce down there.

Also, they just imported a pretty large work force from Afghanistan.

Now all they have to do is build the town. Also, every place I go I see very little single family residential construction. Its all ridiculously large apartment buildings.

That's just my tin foil hat idea.

But I wonder what the exchange rate will be for Amazon Company Scrip to the US dollar.

I never really connected the dots until you mentioned it.
Massive Amazon fulfilment centers, check.
Massive immigration of unskilled workers, check.
Massive condo towers with 600 Sq ft units being erected, check.

Hillbilly Canuck

There's one thing up fast not far from me where there used to be a Ford plant that shut down years ago. They tore that down to the dirt 3 or 4 years ago and now comes Amazon. It's already got multiple entrances and a turn lane built into the main road in front from when Ford was there. I am fairly confident that entire area will be an unholy nightmare when that shit hole opens up.

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
There's one thing up fast not far from me where there used to be a Ford plant that shut down years ago. They tore that down to the dirt 3 or 4 years ago and now comes Amazon. It's already got multiple entrances and a turn lane built into the main road in front from when Ford was there. I am fairly confident that entire area will be an unholy nightmare when that shit hole opens up.
Maybe the anti-humanity environmental whack jobs can be recruited as "useful idiots". They can get an entomologist to plant some endangered species of grasshopper at the construction site.

They do it all the time to stop construction projects.

Uncle Birchy

Haitians oughta love the winters up there
The Largest Somlian Community outside of Africa has settled in Minneapolis/St Paul area and many are also in small towns in Minnesota working in Meat Processing and winters are quite cold in Minnesota

I know @mndriver can also attest to that and I think @Sinister might know of some in Northern Wisconsin somewhere by Rice Lake is a large Jennio Turkey plant that has hordes of them working in there and sure other towns too..

Users who are viewing this thread