Votes: 1 20.0%
  • sometimes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • not nearly enough

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firecracker24

i would like to know some of the different exercises truck drivers do to stay in shape. the only things i have been doing are parking in the back of the truck stops and walking to the store and alittle jump roping.

Not nearly as much as I should do, LOL.

I walk whenever I can. Parking a little farther away from the truck stops, walking around rest areas, etc... And stretch often when I am out of the truck. I need to do more though.

i too so vary rarely do any excersising. but, usually when i do, its walking. less stressful than say weight training or running, or whatever else. its still winter (no excuse i know) so i don't go walking much. and to think, "BIKINI SEASON" is soon to be here......!!!:biglaugh:

i too so vary rarely do any excersising. but, usually when i do, its walking. less stressful than say weight training or running, or whatever else. its still winter (no excuse i know) so i don't go walking much. and to think, "BIKINI SEASON" is soon to be here......!!!:biglaugh:

that gave me goose bumps when i read that. now i have this aweful image in my head that i can't get rid of. thanks pro1. lol

that gave me goose bumps when i read that. now i have this aweful image in my head that i can't get rid of. thanks pro1. lol

any time bud.

when i make people laugh, i hope they forget thier problems even if for only a minute or two...........:bounce:

we all need a laugh every now and then..........even me...............:tiphat:

thats soo very true, but i dont know about putting bad images in the our minds i know mines too corrupt already..:stirpot:

when pro1 said this it reminded me of the movie Borat when he was running around in a yellow g-string one piece.

A couple things that may be of interest.
DownShift: For Drivers' Health & Safety

Good information in that link regarding exercise and overall health for truckers.

Another is "Road Athlete". I became interested in this a couple days ago after listening to a show about it on XM. Searched for a link this evening and found this...
Transportation Safety Products

With some upcoming "potential" changes in D.O.T. health requirements, might be a good idea for everyone to get on top of their health.

One of the things that was pointed out to me in this forum when I was looking into driving as a career was staying healthy. I walk frequently at rest areas and truck stops when they are at safe places, stretch everyday before I begin driving and while enroute, and also keep some light dumbells in the truck for daily excercise.

I feel so sorry for some of these guys and gals out here who go into a truck stop completley out of breath, just after walking from their truck to the door. I NEVER want to be that person.

thanks for the web sites they are very interesting and have alot of great info..

when pro1 said this it reminded me of the movie Borat when he was running around in a yellow g-string one piece.

i saw that movie. wasn't the funniest, but it killed an hour or two, in between my naps trying to watch it.

ah yes...............the yellow G-string suit..............

surely much better looking on someone like Pam Anderson, don't ya think...??:bounce:

Well what i do is when i pull in to a truckstop or a motel for the night is walk. walking is about the best thing you can do in my opinion. now a lot of times i will also bring along one of those bands that you can use like a multi gym, i don't know the name of it off the top of my head but they are very usefull.

But even though i do all this i still have a hard time keeping weight off, and it is not because i am a driver it is because i have a drivers diet and thats any kind of snacks at hand in the cab and in the resturants i hit the buffet because that's the only thing that will fill me up and i need lots of it incase i don't get another meal till the next day sometime.

It is not so much the workout it is what you put in your body that can make you gain weight. i am not saying all truck drivers eat like i do but most do. i see some drivers eat just a salad bar and be good for another round but myself i need more than that and i like gravy and fried anything so thats not helping,lol.

I have a membership with the YMCA, I go regularly, I can find one in almost every metropolitan area and some rural areas, you run, lift, swim, shower, steam, and everything.

Invest in a $23.00 "medicine ball". They usually come in 6, 8 and 10 lbs. They are similar to a basketball except with handles and they also come with the exercise poster showing what all can be done with it. There are so many exercises you can do with this ball.....Even inside the truck

definitely more walking since you cant seem to do enough of it..my first idea of jump ropeing didnt work out to well (need to find one long enough,my mom bought me one for a child)maybe start stretching.

when i start my new company and can start making some money then ill buy some of the contraptions mentioned here like the medicine ball.

guess for me it all depends on how much space in have in the back for doing some excercies really. And I wont know that til I get my rig after training next month. Hopefully I don't snack too much out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread