Ex-Priest Defrocked For Sex Abuse Found Dead In Nevada Home

Who’s judging? I’m stating fact. Whether somebody tithes or not, is between them and God.
So why call them out in a passive aggressive manner then. Why even bother to mention it.

Who’s judging? I’m stating fact. Whether somebody tithes or not, is between them and God.
What do you get from belonging to a church?

Do you believe someone else is guiding you in decisions?

Is it by personal choice to belong or is your wife making you go?

So why call them out in a passive aggressive manner then. Why even bother to mention it.
In response to the mention of churches asking for money. The process of taking up the offering is one thing that God is very clear about, yet it is the one thing that makes people the most uncomfortable when it comes to church.

There are many things that we can quickly hand money over for, but that 10% that God requires creates the most strain when it comes to church. I have had my share of stress over it as well.

What do you get from belonging to a church?

Do you believe someone else is guiding you in decisions?

Is it by personal choice to belong or is your wife making you go?

I don’t belong to a church. I attend a church to receive God’s word and to learn God’s word better.

Yes, someone else is guiding my decisions. Jesus Christ.

It is very much by personal choice.

Yes, someone else is guiding my decisions.
I have heard that some people’s lives become easier once they relinquish control of their lives and let a higher power be responsible

I understand what they’re saying but am skeptical of the message they’re telling me

I’ve always struggled with bad things happening to good people, hence part of my reticence to relinquish control of my life decisions to a higher power whose decision making is questionable

I don’t belong to a church. I attend a church to receive God’s word and to learn God’s word better.
My uncle is a pastor in a church in Missouri. He live-feeds his weekly sermons on Facebook and sometimes I watch tbem. Does that count? 😁

My uncle is a pastor in a church in Missouri. He live-feeds his weekly sermons on Facebook and sometimes I watch tbem. Does that count? 😁

Why wouldn't it? I watch our sermon or listen from the truck (it is live on Facebook), or sometimes just listen to another local pastor from wherever I haven to be via the radio. Other times, I might just listen to the bible.

I have heard that some people’s lives become easier once they relinquish control of their lives and let a higher power be responsible

I understand what they’re saying but am skeptical of the message they’re telling me

I’ve always struggled with bad things happening to good people, hence part of my reticence to relinquish control of my life decisions to a higher power whose decision making is questionable

No higher power is making decisions for anybody. We all have free will, and that is the hardest thing for people to understand. If God watched over us, kept us all safe and prevented anything bad from happening, you can guarantee 99% of people would end up taking it for granted and still complain about things. You need no further proof of this than simply reading out the people of Israel. God provided everything for them, and they all complained about everything.

In the end, it comes down to Faith. Faith is what will get you to that perfect life after this one.

In the end, it comes down to Faith. Faith is what will get you to that perfect life after this one.
Wait what? You’re hoping to do this all over again?

That’s also where I get confused

Life is hard enough to survive once, why do I want to get a do-over later?

I’m doing my best to live life now, I’ll be ****ed if someone says ok good first round, give ‘er again a second time

God and religion is the oldest scam ever perpetrated by man.

yes, without all the pain and suffering. An eternal life without sin, without disease.
Define “sin”....

Serious question.

Also, if someone is sinning towards me, is it a sin to sin back?

As in, for example, the broker lies and says it’s a 10 am crane appointment to unload. I’ll lie and say I’ll be there for 10 am. Usually I’ll try and sneak in early and get a forkie to unload me.

One good sin deserves another good sin....isn’t that how the saying goes?

Dammit we was having a good conversation

Fine it’s bedtime for this malabused dwivah anyway

Y’all be cool on yer stool

The topic of Christianity is a bit touchy, and not really good in an open forum. We used to have a place specifically for it, and I probably need to get that going again.

The topic of Christianity is a bit touchy, and not really good in an open forum. We used to have a place specifically for it, and I probably need to get that going again.
I gave you the chance to spread the Word about the Lord

You chose not to spread the Word

You let down God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit

:(

according to my religion (catholic), it's against the bible (or church by-laws) to commit suicide....he'll go to hell now.
If you paid close attention to your bible, you'd also notice that it clearly warns against the catholic church (any church that require it's priests not marry and its members to abstain from eating meats...1 Timothy 4:1-4)

Religion is group think on a mass scale. Politics is gaining on it in a hurry as the cult of preference.
I have nothing against religion in theory, but with organized religion, the religion aspect almost always takes a back seat to the organization while the members either embrace or ignore this issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread