Espar bunk heater overhaul

I this this is the most intellectual thing I have ever seen from you.
Sorry. It was an accident. I'll go back to being stoopid now. :shift:

I think that basic kit takes care of heaters that are working, but smoking. Mive doesn’t smoke, it just doesn’t start at all. And it’s not constant. Today, it might start as soon as I turn it on. Last night, it would do nothing.
@8978 used to run his on kerosene for one night every 3 months or so.

lots of places have it online. Basic maintenance items and gaskets
The glow screen and the glow pin are typically 160 to $180 each.

Of course that's buying the Thermo King brand.

That is most likely what is burning out on yours

I don't make it a point of exploring amazon or ebay. I actually avoid them like Maleware.

I snooped around looking for Espar parts and yeah the kits are available for $40 to service this stuff. A LOT cheaper than a dealership for OEM parts. They claim it's all OEM parts but....

I'd still stop and pick up a NEW unit from Thermoking and just replace it entirely.

I don't make it a point of exploring amazon or ebay. I actually avoid them like Maleware.

I snooped around looking for Espar parts and yeah the kits are available for $40 to service this stuff. A LOT cheaper than a dealership for OEM parts. They claim it's all OEM parts but....

I'd still stop and pick up a NEW unit from Thermoking and just replace it entirely.

$692 for a brand new unit, two year warranty. Plus an hour labor.

I guess I'd be doing it in a heartbeat.

I KNOW I won't be screwing with it for the next 5 years.

I guess I'd be doing it in a heartbeat.

I KNOW I won't be screwing with it for the next 5 years.
Yeah, they said they can take mine apart real quick and see if they can just fix it, but I'm thinking the price difference won't be much different than putting a new one in.

I asked about the D4, which is 100% compatible with bio diesel, and they told me it is huge and would burn me out of the truck.

I was just interested in the fact that it is bio compatible. Not sure what is different about it in that regard.
Physical size and capacity. Like double the BTU output.

I was considering one for my century because it was so bitter cold.

I opted to just start putting more insulation in on everything.

Yeah, they said they can take mine apart real quick and see if they can just fix it, but I'm thinking the price difference won't be much different than putting a new one in.

I asked about the D4, which is 100% compatible with bio diesel, and they told me it is huge and would burn me out of the truck.

I dunno about that. There really isn’t much to go wrong on them...

I dunno about that. There really isn’t much to go wrong on them...
Parts, plus any additional labor rate. Then, after they are done and something else goes out, I’m out money again.

For me, I prefer to spend a little more up front.

Now, if they immediately tell me it’s only a few bucks in parts and another 30 minutes of labor or so, then I’ll risk it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread