energy project

gearjammer

jammer
Hi Folks, I am doing an energy project and sure could use your help, if you would please post about any oilfields that you have read about that have been recently found or are not being utilized also please send links for proof.

Also please send info about any alternative energy sources or processes that you come across other than alcohol or bio-diesel that is not made from foodstocks.

this could actually be a rather important project, i was asked by an elected official the that I talked with this morning to see just what I could come up with on these subjects. we had gotten into the subject as we progressed on a conversation about the high cost and low rates that the trucking community has been enduring.
he was the one that brought up tight oil supplies and how there was little that could be done at the moment about it and as I started listing the new finds that i had heard about and also the possible alternatives to conventional oil that I had been reading about he got very interested and wanted me to gather sources of information about these subjects he was suprised to hear about some of them.
Folks this would be a great help and has a possibility of getting something done this, isn't a call to boycott, shutdown,send money write a bunch of people or anything other than spend a bit of time to let me know what you can find about these subjects so that I can put them all in one place and and get the info to a person that could actually do something with it so please PLEASE give me a hand on this project
Thanks

i find it surprising the politician doesn't know anything, yet he is in washigton and probably is one of many that opposed Bush many times. there is oil in america, and another source of possible gasoline/diesel resources that i am aware of, but afterall, according to you, i am pro1dick........so, i'd like to help ya.............:dunno:

i find it surprising the politician doesn't know anything, yet he is in washigton and probably is one of many that opposed Bush many times. there is oil in america, and another source of possible gasoline/diesel resources that i am aware of, but afterall, according to you, i am pro1dick........so, i'd like to help ya.............:dunno:

would you just f#k'n drop it already. it's old and out played. move on.

you know folks I have spent a lot of time and energy on this project already and and doing it in hopes it will help everyone I sure could use the help to get the bests info in the report, surely you cand spare an hour or two to give a hand

Found these by googling keywords: newly founded oil fields united states

[SIZE=-1]Found these by googling keywords: newly founded oil fields united states

Posted: September 05, 2006[/SIZE]
Chevron and two oil exploration companies announced the discovery of a giant oil reserve in the Gulf of Mexico that could boost the nation's supplies by as much as 50 percent and provide compelling evidence oil is a plentiful deep-earth product made naturally on a continuous basis.
Massive oil field<br> found under Gulf

Posted: March 28, 2008
Massive Oil Deposit Could Increase US reserves by 10x

Oil Reserves
Oil reserves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rich in caribou and in oil, Alaska's coastal plain is a hot topic in the nation's energy debate.
Arctic National Wildlife Refuge @ nationalgeographic.com

Big Oil has Trouble Finding New fields
Big Oil has trouble finding new fields

The shocking truth about U.S. oil fields
The shocking truth about U.S. oil fields - Onrpg Free MMORPG Forums
Stansberry & Associates - Matt Badiali's Oil Report

East Texas Oil Field
Gregg County's Oil Field

4/1/2008 200billion barrel oil field discovered inside United States

The Baltimore Reporter

Hidalgo Partners-"The First Oilwell in the United States of America" and How $80 Seems Cheap
Hidalgo Partners - $18,000 a Barrel Oil

If they can drill why can't we!?
New Bid To Drill Hampshires Oil Fields (from Daily Echo)

GEARJAMMER MUST READ!****New Oil in OLD PLACES!!!
NEW OIL IN OLD PLACES; Robert M. Sneider and John S. Sneider; Search and Discovery Article #10007 (2000)

The World's Giant Oil Fields-How many exist
http://www.simmonsco-intl.com/files/giantoilfields.pdf

Bakken Formation in Montana and North Dakota contains from 3 billion to 4.3 billion barrels of recoverable oil
Great Falls Tribune - www.greatfallstribune.com - Great Falls, MT

Huge Oil Field Discovered In U.S. - How Long Before Democrats Shut It Down? | Thaiphoon's Blog

oil peak

This site has all kinds of information just go there to read it lol-older site but can get some on the right direction
Oil Industry Statistics from Gibson Consulting

When I googled: closed oil fields in the united states

STATE'S OIL FIELDS DIGGING DEEPER / NEW CALIFORNIA LANDSCAPE: Flush from high prices, companies drill for less-accessible petroleum reserves once written off as too costly to exploit

Prudhoe Bay oil field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Controlled-States: [Associated Press] Closed Alaska oil field could hike prices

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — BP PLC said Monday it will replace 73 percent of the pipelines from the nation's largest oil field and that production could be closed for weeks or months, crimping the nation's oil supplies at a time of peak demand.
FOXNews.com - Major Alaskan Oil Field Could Remain Shut Down for Weeks, Months - Energy | Alternative Energy | Oil - FOXNews

PRUDHOE BAY, Alaska -- Oil keeps flowing through a maze of aging wells, pumps and pipelines that poke through the snow on this desolate North Slope tundra.
Alaska Oil Field's Falling Production Reflects U.S. Trend

(CNN) -- BP's Prudhoe Bay oil field in Alaska could be back up to full production early in 2007, the U.S. government said on Tuesday as global oil prices continued to climb.
CNN.com - Prices climbing after oil field shutdown - Aug 9, 2006

Elk Hills Oil- Elk Hills Oil Field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Elk Hills Oil Field (formerly the Naval Petroleum Reserve No. 1, or NPR-1) is a large oil field in northwestern Kern County, in the Elk Hills of the San Joaquin Valley, California in the United States, about twenty miles (32 km) west of Bakersfield.

David T. Lawrence1 (1) Shell Exploration and Productin Company, New Orleans,
LA
http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/documents/halbouty03/images/0439.PDF

Coalbed Methane in the Fruitland Formation, San Juan Basin, Western USA: A Giant,
Unconventional Gas Play
http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/documents/halbouty03/images/0035.PDF

Halbouty, M (2001). "Giant Oil and Gas Fields of the Decade 1990-1999: An Introduction."
Giant Oil and Gas Fields of the Decade 1990-2000: An Introduction, Michel.T. Halbouty, Search and Discovery Article #70007, 2001

Location, Location, Location: Mapping the World’s Oil & Gas Giants
Location, Location, Location: Mapping the World’s Oil & Gas Giants

List of natural gas fields
List of natural gas fields - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

* Anadarko basin (100 TCF; 2,650×109m³)
* Barnett shale (2.1 TCF prove, estimated as high as 30 TCF)
* Cisco Springs oil field (13-15 TCF; 370×109m³)
* Gomez gas field (11 TCF; 283×109m³)
* Hugoton Natural Gas Area (27 TCF between 1927 and 1996, remains active; 77 TCF; 2,039×109m³)
* Jonah field (10.5 TCF; 297×109m³)
* Kamrik (13.6 TCF; 360×109m³)
* Katie field (13.7 TCF; 362×109m³)
* Kettlemen Hills field (13.7 TCF; 362×109m³)
* Kenai (5.7 TCF; 152×109m³)
* Midway field
* Mokane Lavern (5.3 TCF; 140×109m³)
* Prudhoe Bay (28 TCF; 736×109m³)
* Berbank
* Seminol
* Marcellus shale (168-516 TCF; (4452-13674)×109m³) [2]
* Monroe field
* South Pass field
* Wermillion
* Umiat

would you just f#k'n drop it already. it's old and out played. move on.

i am free to say whatever i need to say.....i am not in the other thread about that stupid shut down crap. this person, "gearwhammer" called me several names, and if he was polite to me instead of nasty, i would have helped him....

like i said, "i'd like to help ya".........

i am free to say whatever i need to say.....i am not in the other thread about that stupid shut down crap. this person, "gearwhammer" called me several names, and if he was polite to me instead of nasty, i would have helped him....

like i said, "i'd like to help ya".........

unfortunitly your right. but why can't you just drop it ? they have and they just moved on.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I did my homework where is everyone else's???? lol

I"m not done Gear, not by a long shot. Thought of some other keywords to search and will post as soon as I get finished doing things

keep em coming, so far even the links that didn't start out looking good have been leading me to more sure been keeping me busy, lol
here is some interesting reading about an alternative source that looks real exciting
The challenge of algae fuel: An expert speaks | Tech news blog - CNET News.com
Cultivating Algae for Liquid Fuel Production
Algae Farm to Produce 4.4 Million Gallons of Experimental Jet Fuel | Autopia from Wired.com
Race to algae-based biodiesel heats up | Green Tech - CNET News.com

heres one along the same lines with a twist
Designer plants may produce hydrogen for fuel -- chicagotribune.com

I know Gearjammer some didn't look too appealing to me either but the more I read the more I learned and passed them on. Some are in fact older BUT lead up to information to look into today.

Hi Folks, I am doing an energy project and sure could use your help, if you would please post about any oilfields that you have read about that have been recently found or are not being utilized also please send links for proof.

Also please send info about any alternative energy sources or processes that you come across other than alcohol or bio-diesel that is not made from foodstocks.

this could actually be a rather important project, i was asked by an elected official the that I talked with this morning to see just what I could come up with on these subjects. we had gotten into the subject as we progressed on a conversation about the high cost and low rates that the trucking community has been enduring.
he was the one that brought up tight oil supplies and how there was little that could be done at the moment about it and as I started listing the new finds that i had heard about and also the possible alternatives to conventional oil that I had been reading about he got very interested and wanted me to gather sources of information about these subjects he was suprised to hear about some of them.
Folks this would be a great help and has a possibility of getting something done this, isn't a call to boycott, shutdown,send money write a bunch of people or anything other than spend a bit of time to let me know what you can find about these subjects so that I can put them all in one place and and get the info to a person that could actually do something with it so please PLEASE give me a hand on this project
Thanks

Any luck gearjammer?

Thanks

I'll get ahold of a close friend of mine that works up in the Bakken play...as well as a couple of others here on the Barnett Shale. Maybe I can get them to agree to talk with ya on the "tight oil supply" bs. Will need a week or so to get ahold 'em.

As to alternatives outside of bio-diesel and alcohol...there's a farmer in Arkansas which has proven that a diesel/base oil mix of 2 to 1 burns cleaner than straight diesel. Only he points out, as I was already aware of, that the gov't will not allow commercial vehicles to pursue this cost saving - cleaner burning - fuel mix. As well as another individual which has actually developed hydrogen generators for automotive applications, which causes fuel to burn at a higher temperature - thus lowering emissions. Check out www.theenergydude.com for more info. You can get the contact info for the Arkansas farmer from Gary Carmichael.

Also...algea research is indicating a potentially great direction to pursue.

-ss-

Also...algea research is indicating a potentially great direction to pursue.

If it is what I am thinking about, this is virtually a done deal, or might already be in use. Watched a deal a couple weeks ago where they are basically farming pond scum and turning it into biodiesel.

If it is what I am thinking about, this is virtually a done deal, or might already be in use. Watched a deal a couple weeks ago where they are basically farming pond scum and turning it into biodiesel.

There is currently a company sequestering co2, which algea requires to grow as well as sunlight, from a power generating plant to grow algea. Then they farm the algea for many purposes...one of which is the great potential to create biofuel.

Now when ya really think about it...this is the direction these new energy freaks on the hill should be investing our money in. But then how could they benefit with the cap and trade policy their pursuing if it's discovered that co2 and sunlight are the key ingredients to generating biofuel from algea.

Once again our gov't decides to take our great country down a detrimental path.

-ss-

Yeah SS. The cap & trade and carbon tax are dumb ideas. As far as it affecting these guys it would actually benefit them as long as they could keep getting their CO2. Since they are consumers of CO2 and not producers, they would be in high demand from plants trying to get rid of it.
But the whole idea is still dumb.
And the plan to pump CO2 into storage (sequestering) is down right scary. I don't think these guys have thought it thru and considered "unforeseen" consequences.
For instance, this would never work in Florida or anywhere else that sits on limestone.
That's high school chemistry.
Of course you have to ask yourself the question, "Why would these policies even be considered if there are alternatives to oil?"
I guess the stranglehold Big Oil has makes people do desperate things.
I like the idea of algae fuel.
Living in FL most of my life I always thought the pond scum and water hyacinths you see everywhere should be good for something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread