Trucking News: Embark, HP Combine Electric Drayage with Driverless Operations

Mike

Feb 1, 2007
Technology provider HP and autonomous-technology company Embark Trucks are teaming up to combine electric and autonomous trucks to create a more sustainable distribution network. The two companies will use BYD electric drayage trucks to move goods to and from Embark’s highway-adjacent transfer points, where loads will be shifted to trucks equipped with the Embark Driver software.

Embark estimates the move to more efficient autonomous trucks and and zero-emissions drayage trucks will remove up to 50,000 tons of carbon dioxide and other pollutants from HP's distribution network over the next decade.

Warehouses in the Inland Empire were subject to new air quality regulations as of May 2021. Leveraging sustainable freight technologies such as electric and autonomous vehicles is a key way to reduce emissions and ensure compliance with these rules, HP says.

Upvote 0

GAnthony

No soup for you...!!
Premium
Sep 23, 2007
Heh heh...

Ever owned an HP printer?
i have one, have had it now for like at least 10 years. works great. good on inks.

shopping

Upvote 0

389 Hood

Premium
Nov 17, 2019
I have an HP 8610 Pro on the table next to me. Bought new in 2013 and it has been used like a commercial printer and scanner. Never a blip out of it. I use off brand ink cartridges in it too that are $20 for all 4 instead of the $20/ea for branded. And to boot I'm using an HP Envy laptop bought at the same time as the printer. Love it. Again, never any real issues out of it.

I have an HP laptop that runs my security cameras on my rental property that was bought new in 2009 with Win7 on it and it hums along 24/7. My wife has a 2 year old Win 10 laptop that is also HP. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another HP product.

Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread