Trucking Regulations: ELD Mandate, the final two week countdown - Drivers are going bananas at the last minute

As reliable as about anything else.
But this was a long time ago. I doubt you'll find one in roadable condition.
:biggrin-2:
There are a couple on truck paper but they're not close enough for me to go look. The nearest one is in a wrecking yard.

There's one that looks like they just pulled it from a wrecking yard in Ohio. If it's road worthy, DOT would be verifying your assertion on the regular. 😂

The better ones are encroaching Mack CH613 territory.

There are a couple on truck paper but they're not close enough for me to go look. The nearest one is in a wrecking yard.

There's one that looks like they just pulled it from a wrecking yard in Ohio. If it's road worthy, DOT would be verifying your assertion on the regular. 😂

The better ones are encroaching Mack CH613 territory.
You can pick up a Prostar with the Maxxforce engine on the cheap as long as you don't intend on driving it.

I was looking at some 9400s as well. Pre-emissions, Detroit or Cummins, etc. Should be the same as any other truck but with a different wrapper...in theory.

So yeah I'm going down the list of manufacturers and scoping everything with a 5th wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
So let's just remove all regulations from everyone?

Yeah that's brilliant.
Of course it's brilliant. It's called liberty.

It's why our great great great great great great great grandfathers fought to get the stuck up arrogant British to leave us alone.

It's why our great great great great great great great grandfathers fought to get the stuck up arrogant British to leave us alone.
I'm sure you'd love to have heart surgery performed by any ol' schmo with a butter knife.

Is that what you think liberty looks like?

Birds born in a cage think flying is a sin.
Freedom is like a 24 of beer, you can have as much as you want but.................... I am not sure how to finish that sentence.
Just know it would have been a great analogy:thumbsup:

Is that what you think liberty looks like?

Birds born in a cage think flying is a sin.
The world has never been honorable.

With no regulations, everything is legal. Everything. Not just what you consider the good stuff.

You have a redneck theory that doesn't work when unscrupulous scumbags are involved. And I don't mean Congress.

Do you own anything that you worked hard for? Let's assume you do. Anyone could take it at any time. Theft? No such thing. See, grab, take. Perfectly acceptable. Can't kill 'em if you can't find 'em. You could kill anyone you suspect though. No repercussions.

On the flip side, someone doesn't like how ugly you are, they can off you just like that. No big deal. No regulations means no rights, including the right to life. And since there are no rights to life there really isn't a right to liberty. True liberty includes the ability to take away someone else's. Do you want someone taking away yours?

I didn't think so.

Think this stuff through beyond just "I wanna do what I wanna do."

Last edited by a moderator:

That would work great if the other aspect to Liberty was cherished.... responsibility and accountability. Since the latter is sorely lacking in our society today, then Liberty takes a back seat. It is not the same mindset among the general public as our forefathers had.

Look at the variety of truckers we have. That's the variety of citizens we have. Imagine them with no accountability.

It would be chaos and hell on Earth.

We'd have @Tazz shooting people while spouting acronyms and @Injun scalping people and @Rigjockey trying to make people pay tribute with Canadian bacon.

At least some of the time that perspective is as much on you as it is on those you're indicting.

I've always pretty much driven trucks like the truck you're shopping for now and I have seen that attitude but it isn't nearly as prevalent as you make out in my experience.

The first 'hood' I ever bought was a WGMC (Volvo) because it was around $15k cheaper than a similar Paccar and it had a coupla hundred thousand fewer miles...
NO BRAINER!

The lowboy gig I'm doing now is 'largely' stretched Pete's & KW's (HEH! See what I did there? :wink:) but most of the people have been good as gold to me no matter what they're driving...
although I've heard the same sort of bias from both sides.

I never worked open deck to speak of before I started this gig and one of the first loads I showed up for after (inadequate) training more or less forced me to ask for help. Two stretched Pete's and a Western Star rolled in together a coupla hours after I pulled my trucks and had the first two loaded.

Hey boss, I got a coupla questions if you have time to answer them.
:unsure:

The guy looked my trailer over and said,
Just unload that mess and we'll start all over.

Long story short...
those three guys had me loaded in an hour...
before they loaded their own trucks.
:eek-64:
They probably saved me a thousand dollar claim.
Then I did what I could to help them.

I saw those guys at the delivery the next day.
After I unloaded I went over to help out and thanked them for pulling my fat from the fire.
They gave me some good advice on what to turn down and what to take for the next load.
Prolly saved me another pile of money...

I did the same sort of thing numerous times...
and YEAH!
I've run in to a coupla ass-hats,
butt (HEH!) by n large [I did it again :x3:] people respond according to the way they're treated.
That's a life-lesson, young man [FWIW].

Fast-forward a few months,
It just so happened that I ran into the same 3 guys and we were helping each other out when a stretched Pete rolled in...
Hey! Here comes Mr. F'n know-it-all!!
:mad-97:

You mean Gary?
:confused-96:

Yeah!
That F'n asshole!

Gary helped me out a while back.
I thought he was a nice guy.
:stare2:

Well, he's an asshole!

Hmm.
I didn't know that.
:stare2:

A while later I told them that since we had 4 people I was gonna go check on Gary because I owed him one.
After I directed him and tossed a few blocks,
he came over and helped everyone else finish loading.
Then they all got to talking and having a good, clean Christian good time.
:smile:

As often as not, you get what you're looking for.

Just sayin'.

Brevity does not exist in your gene pool does it?

The world has never been honorable.

With no regulations, everything is legal. Everything. Not just what you consider the good stuff.

You have a redneck theory that doesn't work when unscrupulous scumbags are involved. And I don't mean Congress.

Do you own anything that you worked hard for? Let's assume you do. Anyone could take it at any time. Theft? No such thing. See, grab, take. Perfectly acceptable. Can't kill 'em if you can't find 'em. You could kill anyone you suspect though. No repercussions.

On the flip side, someone doesn't like how ugly you are, they can off you just like that. No big deal. No regulations means no rights, including the right to life. And since there are no rights to life there really isn't a right to liberty. True liberty includes the ability to take away someone else's. Do you want someone taking away yours?

I didn't think so.

Think this stuff through beyond just "I wanna do what I wanna do."
You're going way off the deep end.

We can have a functional society with like ten laws, total. Maybe 20.

Although total anarchy as you described would still be better than authoritarianism.

Think about it. When people start talking about "we're going to confiscate what you've worked for and give it away" and using words like "collective", you can just shoot 'em in the face and walk away laughing. That's how it should be anyway.

But if we keep on this topic we're gonna get scalped. Because of a severe shortage of anarchy. ;)

Look at the variety of truckers we have. That's the variety of citizens we have. Imagine them with no accountability.

It would be chaos and hell on Earth.

We'd have @Tazz shooting people while spouting acronyms and @Injun scalping people and @Rigjockey trying to make people pay tribute with Canadian bacon.
Canadian bacon could be a currency iffin yous would stop derating it by calling it ham:thumbsup::rolllaugh:

Drop the politics, fellas.

Liberty in its truest sense is not political. you can do whatever you want as long as you're not harming anybody else. Leave me alone and I will leave you alone. That is where the ELD mandate as well as many other laws are crapping all over our liberties.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread