Trucking Regulations: Easiest ELD for a company of 1

Several times. The lack of certification standard is partly why they haven't certified it yet.

The lack of communication settled on.

There's so much lacking on leo side ts ridiculous.

Several times. The lack of certification standard is partly why they haven't certified it yet.

The lack of communication settled on.

There's so much lacking on leo side ts ridiculous.
Which one do you recommend for a 1 truck co.?

The same issue plaques all ELD's so it's hard to say.

I settled on keeptruckin' as the eld we will go with. Even here it's not perfect.

If I were to pick one for a single truck, it would be vdo roadlog.

The same issue plaques all ELD's so it's hard to say.

I settled on keeptruckin' as the eld we will go with. Even here it's not perfect.

If I were to pick one for a single truck, it would be vdo roadlog.
But, what about the lack of certification standard. (Not FMCSA cert.)?

It's the fmcsa standard that doesn't exist.

Go look at the list and notice whom all is missing. Every company that's been a major player for 20 years.

Why?

Because FMCSA hasn't gotten a standard put together yet.

If you put a system on December 18 and December 19 it's deemed not acceptable, you'll have 24 hours to install something else to be in compliance.

It's a system that is setup with zero safe guards

I think I am going with Keep Truckin. Seems like a very simple setup and does everything I would need it to do. Still not 100% decided though.

I think I am going with Keep Truckin. Seems like a very simple setup and does everything I would need it to do. Still not 100% decided though.
When will you decide?

We have a group of about 15 independent owner Ops that are going together with an onboard recording system. We are looking at the aobrd because you end up with about one-quarter the amount of time stamps on your log per day plus easier editing options. We are looking at a few different systems but it's probably going to come down to the Big Road app.

We have a group of about 15 independent owner Ops that are going together with an onboard recording system. We are looking at the aobrd because you end up with about one-quarter the amount of time stamps on your log per day plus easier editing options. We are looking at a few different systems but it's probably going to come down to the Big Road app.
I had a wrecker driver show me Big Road that uses.

I need something simple, no fees.
Certified ?
Yes it is certified. You lease the equipment for $300 per year with no other fees but you have to bring your own device. Once the grace period for on-board recorders is over you can switch it over to an Eld.

Vdo roadlog is the only one that has no monthly fees. There is about a $700 equipment purchase that you have to do up front.

BigRoad and keepTruckin both have an eld subscription fee that you have to pay and the lowest rate is $20 per month. With less than five truck you must pay the entire year up front.

BigRoad and keepTruckin both are bring your own devices.

Any device you install prior to December 18, 2017 is grandfathered in until 2019.

What can I use that I can unplug and plug in anytime?
let's say I'm at the home 20 and my pickup is 5 miles away or let's say I'm laying down and my pickup or delivery is 5 miles away. Point me to an ELD that I can easily travel Off the Grid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread