e-logs vs miles?????

jdog369

I am getting ready to start at a new company, and i found out they have e-logs, sense i have been out of the truck for about 6 months so i could go to school, but the question is transitioning to e-logs, is it hard to get use too sense i am use to running lose leaf for some many years, and can you still get the same amount of miles? if anyone running e-logs could let me know thanks alot.

I have never used e-logs.

But as I understand them, compared to loose leaf logs, there isn't any opportunity for error. And with e-logs you will have to be sure and stay in the seat every minute that is available during the 14 hour window, and get right back into the seat as soon as the 10 hour break is over. If you drag your feet at all then I would think it will cut into the amount of miles you can run each day. There will be no room for a "fudge factor" like you have with loose leaf logs, and no way to correct a "mistake".

Not something I want to use.

I have never used e-logs.

But as I understand them, compared to loose leaf logs, there isn't any opportunity for error. And with e-logs you will have to be sure and stay in the seat every minute that is available during the 14 hour window, and get right back into the seat as soon as the 10 hour break is over. If you drag your feet at all then I would think it will cut into the amount of miles you can run each day. There will be no room for a "fudge factor" like you have with loose leaf logs, and no way to correct a "mistake".

Not something I want to use.

Racer,your post kinda got me to thinking this.The h.O.S are supposed to keep drivers from fatigue.But being on loose leaf for example a driver can fudge a bit and put in a small cat nap and no one would be any the wiser but with an e-log,like you pointed out a driver is forced to run their but off,sleep and wake to the demands of the e-log just to make the miles and appt times
and that flies in the face of the intentions of the H.O.S. and safety at large.So in conclusion the powers that be who say they are trying to make the roads safer are actually making the roads/driver quality of life and health a whole lot worse.

I was listening to a OOIDA rep on the trucking channel and he said that E logs are easier to falsify then regular logs because of the lack of need for supporting documents(fuel,toll receipts) I am not exactly sure how since I have never dealt with e-logs

I was listening to a OOIDA rep on the trucking channel and he said that E logs are easier to falsify then regular logs because of the lack of need for supporting documents(fuel,toll receipts) I am not exactly sure how since I have never dealt with e-logs

you may very well be right on that one Boone about the e -logs.Because, I'm sure it was all of about 3 minutes when they brought in paper logs that drivers knew the ins and outs and all the ways around things

I am getting ready to start at a new company, and i found out they have e-logs, sense i have been out of the truck for about 6 months so i could go to school, but the question is transitioning to e-logs, is it hard to get use too sense i am use to running lose leaf for some many years, and can you still get the same amount of miles? if anyone running e-logs could let me know thanks alot.
ELOGS is a sinch.I used paperless for 3 yrs.You'll get training on it and after a few times you'll have it down.They'll probably give you a cheat sheet.As far as miles go that's highly debatable.If you're going with Werner then you can forget about ever getting good miles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread