dvd's

diehard

redneck
first off, i have windows 7, 64 bit. i have 9 giga bites of pictures i want to put on dvd. it keeps saying that it wont fit and doesnt give me the option of using another disc. how do i make it use as many discs as i need to. it does the same thing with sandisc too.

Oh thanks for reminding me,gonna watch Coach.Well hate to say it but maybe you have a virus and your motherboard is shot.Aguy that worked here had to get awhole nother computer because it would'nt play his DVDS either and come to find out he caught one heck of a worm from a ****o site.

That's good.Maybe you need to delete some of your files for extra memory space.Hopefully u find out what the problam is.If you do plz let us know incase I have the same problem one day.My DVD player quit working so i'm watching DVDS ON MY COMPUTER.
my computer is fine, it just wont let me put all my pictures on dvd;s.

he doesn't want to watch movies he wants to put pics on dvd's.

try moving some of the pics into another file and burn the rest to the dvd once the file is smaller, perhaps a dual layer dvd if you have the burner for it

That's what happens when your tired,your eyes start playing tricks on you.I read it wrong.It's been a real long day,thank god it's over.

i ended up making three files and using three dvd's. but i shouldnt have to do that. it should burn files till its full and ask for another disc and it dont. its a new computer and i dont know much about it. theres gotta be a way to do this.

What I do is create folders on the hard disc, and put pictures in them until the folder is about the size that the dvd will store, then burn the folder to the dvd.

I started doing this when I got a high end digital camera, and one picture file can be 40 to 50 megabytes in size. I don't bother with compression either.

After I burn the files to disc then I confirm they are there and viewable before I delete the files that are on the computer.

What I do is create folders on the hard disc, and put pictures in them until the folder is about the size that the dvd will store, then burn the folder to the dvd.

I started doing this when I got a high end digital camera, and one picture file can be 40 to 50 megabytes in size. I don't bother with compression either.

After I burn the files to disc then I confirm they are there and viewable before I delete the files that are on the computer.

thats what i ended up doing.

Thats what i do to is make different folders and once they reach the limit to the size of the disc was using then i burn it off i think the problem you was having is the folder was oversized for the disc thats why it was acting retarded. my laptop has a blue ray burner i'm gonna mess with that and see how it does 25 & 50 gb storage capacity sounds sweet

Thats what i do to is make different folders and once they reach the limit to the size of the disc was using then i burn it off i think the problem you was having is the folder was oversized for the disc thats why it was acting retarded. my laptop has a blue ray burner i'm gonna mess with that and see how it does 25 & 50 gb storage capacity sounds sweet

on my old xp, when a file was too big it would burn what it would hold and then ask for another disc. i was hoping to get this computer to do the same.

on my old xp, when a file was too big it would burn what it would hold and then ask for another disc. i was hoping to get this computer to do the same.

It would seem that each time MicroShit presents another version in the evolution of the wonderful operating systems it creates that the good points would stay, the bad points would go away, and it would continue to improve the system overall.

Ya think?

I guess as end users we just expect way too much from an organization that is so freakin' huge that there is no other on the planet bigger.

Remember the joke comparing the MicroShit operating system to the computer controlled cars? It is reality now. Ford is now offering vehicles with MicroShit's mobile operating system integrated and configured so you can "sync" your car with your music, and even get your e-mail, IN YOUR GODDAMMED CAR!

What is this world coming to?

i have always made seperate files myself iv'e been through that where it kept wanting a different disc so i put a second one in and it just burned the same stuff to the disc and not move on to the rest of the stuff so i said the hell with it i'll just make seperate folders works for me i have honestly made seperate folders myself always works better and the damm pc don't wanna argue :) lol. i use nero to burn or roxio

i use nero to burn or roxio

Since WinBlows XP you don't need an add on burner app. The operating system has the software built in to it.

But it you want to get creative and burn movies or something special, then the add on apps can't be beat for sure.

If you get a program called NERO burning rom, it would tell you when the disc is full and to replace the filled disk with an empty one until completion of project.

yes nero does tell you the disc is full and prompts you for a new one. thats what i did before i had nero was to make seperate folders lots easier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread