Driver Distraction Related to Truck Crashes

Cybergal

Driver Distraction Related to Truck Crashes

6/4/09
Driver distraction, from cell phone use to dispatching devices, was involved in 100 percent of commercial vehicles crashes in a recent study.

In addition, driver distraction was involved in 81 percent of safety-critical events, which includes not only crashes but also other events such as lane deviations, according to a study on driver distraction in commercial vehicle operations conducted by the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute.

"Is distraction an issue? Absolutely," said Richard Hanowski, director of the center for truck and bus safety at Virginia Tech.

Hanowski, along with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, which sponsored the study, presented the findings and made recommendations to the trucking industry in a webinar Wednesday.
Current Trucking Industry News: TruckingInfo.com : Your Source for Trucking News and Information

she did it officer......there she was shaking that thing walking down the sidewalk......I couldn't help it..............

I was stuck in chicago traffic and in the car next to us was a guy with his you know what out of his pants and he was playing with it. I could not believe it. Now that is distracting for sure.

On a serious note, these studies are extremely flawed in their wording. A driver may have been using a cell phone, but that doesn't mean it was in any way related to the cause of the accident. Since he was using it though, it is included as "a factor".

Information from studies like this will be manipulated and used to make more and more laws, regardless of how accurate or relative the information is.

On a serious note, these studies are extremely flawed in their wording. A driver may have been using a cell phone, but that doesn't mean it was in any way related to the cause of the accident. Since he was using it though, it is included as "a factor".

Information from studies like this will be manipulated and used to make more and more laws, regardless of how accurate or relative the information is.
That's true . Almost every accident has more than one factor . Did you know a major factor is the driver was on prescription medication .
ATA tried to use the "excessive speed " factor (8%) to push for speed limiters . But NHTSA knows in over 80% of accidents that excessive speed is less than 65 m.p.h. (on ramps , in construction zones , etc . )
And whose trucks do you see at an excessive speed in 55 m.p.h. states ? The ones owned by the companies that petitioned for limiters .

I heard one lady trucker talking about a guy in a 4 wheeler passing her doing that . She was LHAO . Said it didn't bother her . It was so small she couldn't see it anyway .

now the guy in the car would be what I would call a pervert.

I was on I-70 last year when a young chick in a grey dodge ram sat up on her passenger seat and flashed her jugs at me. I was on I-5 just crossing into the Oregon border from Cali when a black mustang convertible slowed down besides me. They gave me the typical "tug the horn" gesture, so I did. The 2 girls in the back seat mooned me and the one in the passenger seat bounced her jugs at me. I guess that was sign language for "Thank you!!"

....just what are those????? :)

These . Weasel Zippers: Berkeley: Code Pinkos Flash Their Breasts to Oncoming Traffic in Front of Marine Recruiters.......

Berkeley: Code Pinkos Flash Their Breasts to Oncoming Traffic in Front of Marine Recruiters.......

View attachment 10775
Amazingly, nobody was killed in a car wreck while trying to shield their eyes from the sight of droopy, hippy-relic boobies.....

Hippy - relic boobies ??? :thud:Flake ....:flowers:Never mind . Let's not go there .
View attachment 10775

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread