• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Drive For CRST?

jimminess

anyone had problems with crst?im looking at going to school then working for them..

Please tell us more, good or bad. Trying to decide myself who to go to work for. Have offers from Shaffer & Crete, CT (Coastal Transport in AL), CRST, Watkins Shepard, MCT, Roehl, Interstate, Werner, McElroy, & H.O.Wolding.

Please tell us more, good or bad. Trying to decide myself who to go to work for. Have offers from Shaffer & Crete, CT (Coastal Transport in AL), CRST, Watkins Shepard, MCT, Roehl, Interstate, Werner, McElroy, & H.O.Wolding.

it all depends on what your looking for and how much B.S. you can tolerate. in your area, being near a major city (atlanta), your options are wide open. schnieder has a home run program where you can do 10-14 out and 7 at home and also a 7 out/ 7 home. Roehl has a program close to that also. go to any trucking companies website and you can see what they offer for hometime and you can call them from there. good luck

Do you know anything particular to any of these companies, good or bad? I drove for Overnite in 82/83 so it has been a while for me. I know all companies can be good and bad, depends on each individual and all circumstances involved. Same company that can be good for me and to me, could be just the opposite for you. But I like to go with the odds based on most people's experience. Just thought someone might be able to speak from their experience with any of these companies.
TIA, Tony

of the ones listed above, personally i only like Roehl. my best advice to you is stay away from the big mill truck companies. there is more bad about these than good for a reason.

Run as fast as you can(the other direction) My wife and I just quit them last Friday they are the worst company I have ever seen in my 10+ yrs of driving we averaged 2200 miles a week for the last 2mth's they have not refunded us motels,tolls or breakdown pay for the last 2 mth's. If anyone is happy there it's because they don't want to work or they want to go broke. You get paid twice a week they just can't tell you which week it's going to be. Good luck

I recently completed my training period with CRST. So far, they have treated me well.My fleet manager is pretty laid back, and management seems concerned about my safety and well being. Sure, there are gripes about them. There are gripes against other trucking companies. There are gripes some people have against any employer they work for. What the underlying cause for these gripes is not known to me. I can only base my opinion on MY experience with them. Until CRST proves otherwise, I am comfortable with them. They are a training company. Your experience with them, or any ccompany, is what you make it. If you don't like them, you have to option of going elsewhere, after your contract is up. But if you have problems with this particular company, chances are you will have problems with any company you go to. That's just the way it is.

RUN RUN FOR YOUR PAY CHECK!!!

I know a lot of horror stories on them. Knew a few drivers that work for them, pulling a tanker, flatbed or van. Yes CRST has tankers and flatbeds too.

Paychecks being short, no miles, loads. The driver I know working for them right now pulling box is living on 60 dollar a week advances doing the lease operator thingy.

But all companies have problems, some more than others. I would stay away from them though over as much crap as I have heard about this and that. They always change policies and procedures too.

I drove for CRST for about 7 years. They trained me.
I really have nothing bad to say about them. If they had a solo company division I never would have left them. Mallone is solo flatbed, owner operators. They dont like admitting they work for CRST, but from what I have seen and heard, flatbed drivers dont care much for van drivers anyway.

They have a great safety dept and I never was pushed beyond what I was comfortable with, the shops are only OK since they contract out major repairs and only do basic things in their shops. They do keep their equiptment in good shape.

Dispatch kept us moving, Id be out for 1 month and take a week off with hometime never being a problem. Drivers facilities are good.

I just got tired of driving teams.

I drove for CRST for about 7 years. They trained me.
I really have nothing bad to say about them. If they had a solo company division I never would have left them. Mallone is solo flatbed, owner operators. They dont like admitting they work for CRST, but from what I have seen and heard, flatbed drivers dont care much for van drivers anyway.

They have a great safety dept and I never was pushed beyond what I was comfortable with, the shops are only OK since they contract out major repairs and only do basic things in their shops. They do keep their equiptment in good shape.

Dispatch kept us moving, Id be out for 1 month and take a week off with hometime never being a problem. Drivers facilities are good.

I just got tired of driving teams.

LOL you must be joking.

I leased a truck on with them (CRST Malone Flatbed) and did more deadhead to get the next load. I pulled the truck after 3 weeks.

They told me average pay to truck was going to be $1.77+fsc (NOT). after pulling 3 or 4 loads and figured out the truck pay it came out to be around $1.35 (that was w/fsc). With all the deadhead and sitting thats what it came out to. So needless to say pulled truck and put back under my own authority. CRST is a JOKE and I state that as a FACT.

LOL you must be joking.

I leased a truck on with them (CRST Malone Flatbed) and did more deadhead to get the next load. I pulled the truck after 3 weeks.

They told me average pay to truck was going to be $1.77+fsc (NOT). after pulling 3 or 4 loads and figured out the truck pay it came out to be around $1.35 (that was w/fsc). With all the deadhead and sitting thats what it came out to. So needless to say pulled truck and put back under my own authority. CRST is a JOKE and I state that as a FACT.

I know next to nothing about Mallone. From what I understand, they really have nothing to do with CRST Van Expedited. I was a company driver.

I know CRST in general pulls flatbed, tanker and van.

The lease operators I know are STRAVING living off of advances.

I did hear they want you to dead head.

Company drivers get ok benefits for the company flat bedders I know and tankers. 1 penny a mile raise each year employed with them.

Also the equipment may be good on the Van side BUT flatbed/tanker company drivers get the Van leftovers that are trashed out and break down a lot.

They love short changing company driver pay checks, it's hard to get ahold of the payroll dept to correct errors. Shorted on miles.

The company flatbedders and tankers do get cell phones, get to come home on weekends or certain days out of the week.

The least BS I have noticed is pulling tanker on a dedicated run as a company driver, next to that would be a company driver for flatbed.

Holiday pay is ok as well for company flatbed/tanker drivers, 1 week paid vacation each full year you work there up to so many years.

Also the equipment may be good on the Van side BUT flatbed/tanker company drivers get the Van leftovers that are trashed out and break down a lot.

They love short changing company driver pay checks, it's hard to get ahold of the payroll dept to correct errors. Shorted on miles.

The company flatbedders and tankers do get cell phones, get to come home on weekends or certain days out of the week.

The least BS I have noticed is pulling tanker on a dedicated run as a company driver, next to that would be a company driver for flatbed.

Holiday pay is ok as well for company flatbed/tanker drivers, 1 week paid vacation each full year you work there up to so many years.
We know a couple of them who could'nt make it with them. Way tooo much sitting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread