Don't take an Amazon load and get sick.

I think they'd be constitutional violations if they just stopped people randomly. Like with DWI checkpoints that shouldn't exist.
I don't recall Wisconsin ever having those..

Illinois has since atleast the 90s

Atleast then I only had a Beater with a Heater but No Insurance so in Illinois they TOE it anyways

Wasn't even WORTH the "tow" and impound fees to Re-Collect

My cousin back on Long Island deals with them all the time.

A while back a guy ran from one, and the cops chased him. The chase resulted in a wrecked police cruiser, and the loss of a K9. Naturally everyone called the dog a hero, blaa blaa blaa, totally ignoring the fact that the damn checkpoints never should have become a normal part of life.

"Public Safety" is how they get away with it.

A while back a guy ran from one, and the cops chased him. The chase resulted in a wrecked police cruiser, and the loss of a K9. Naturally everyone called the dog a hero, blaa blaa blaa, totally ignoring the fact that the damn checkpoints never should have become a normal part of life.

Back in the "Day" Wisconsin they could book ya for DUI park on a Side Street . ..

Your car was Still There when ya got outta JAIL

Im sorry but I gotta disagree with ya on this... I really like my Bud Light so dont get me wrong like Im some sissy, but if ya ever have a member of yer family or any loved one get killed by a drunk driver then yer gonna be changin that tune. I hope ya never have to see a whole family tore apart cause some stupid bastard killed someone. Maybe someone needs to tell my ex this stuff after her 17 year old daughter what was a week away from joinin the Air Force Academy got killed by a 5 time DUI drunk driver.

Im sorry but I gotta disagree with ya on this... I really like my Bud Light so dont get me wrong like Im some sissy, but if ya ever have a member of yer family or any loved one get killed by a drunk driver then yer gonna be changin that tune. I hope ya never have to see a whole family tore apart cause some stupid bastard killed someone. Maybe someone needs to tell my ex this stuff after her 17 year old daughter what was a week away from joinin the Air Force Academy got killed by a 5 time DUI drunk driver.
Absolutely nothing justifies violating our constitutional rights. Not even this virus.

As for that 5 time drunk driver, that didn't happen because we have too many rights. It happened because he wasn't locked up long enough after the previous ones.

Absolutely nothing justifies violating our constitutional rights. Not even this virus.

As for that 5 time drunk driver, that didn't happen because we have too many rights. It happened because he wasn't locked up long enough after the previous ones.

I aint gonna argue with ya, my point is that a DUI Checkpoint does help. Trust me, if ya knew me like most on here ya would know Im a man who stands up for the Constitution and our God given rights.

Wait, maybe Im misunderstandin what he meant by DUI Checkpoint... maybe yall mean the checkpoints for this virus? If so then by all means Im right there with ya.

Drink something ice cold before you get out of the truck.
Sometimes when I used tocatch myself doozing off I dump my Ice water jug over me

Makes a mess but give ya that wide awake "shock" ..

These days ain't in that big of a hurry anymore don't gotta resort to such measures if I'm tired just pull off somewheres n take a nap

I don't recall Wisconsin ever having those..

Illinois has since atleast the 90s

Atleast then I only had a Beater with a Heater but No Insurance so in Illinois they TOE it anyways

Wasn't even WORTH the "tow" and impound fees to Re-Collect

Getting into the weeds here. If people were randomly pulling us over on the interstate to check our temps, then I would see a blatant problem.

What we are talking about, though, is companies instituting policies on their own property.

Kind of like driving into a nuclear plant and having your vehicle checked for weapons. If you don’t want your vehicle searched, you know to not be going to these places.

I aint gonna argue with ya, my point is that a DUI Checkpoint does help. Trust me, if ya knew me like most on here ya would know Im a man who stands up for the Constitution and our God given rights.

Wait, maybe Im misunderstandin what he meant by DUI Checkpoint... maybe yall mean the checkpoints for this virus? If so then by all means Im right there with ya.
I can see makin the 4th Amendment argument, but we got somethin called implied consent. Should be on the back of yer license. Thats cuz of public roads

Now Ive heard of folks gettin popped on PRIVATE property, in some cases their own... that’s bullshit and Id raise all kindsa hell over that one

My company is doing this at the terminal. We pull in to the inspection vast on our way into the yard and those guys now scan your forehead for a temperature and all main office entrances are locked except the main entrance and you get your temp scanned there once a day as well if you go in that building. I don't really think that's a bad thing, myself.

My company is doing this at the terminal. We pull in to the inspection vast on our way into the yard and those guys now scan your forehead for a temperature and all main office entrances are locked except the main entrance and you get your temp scanned there once a day as well if you go in that building. I don't really think that's a bad thing, myself.
Until the thermometer starts spreading the shit.

Even just the forehead contact has to be sanitized between uses.

Obviously any DUI laws would still have been ignored by this person.

My biggest concern here is the risk that now becomes associated with hauling a load to a place that checks your temperature.

Especially a place like Walmart that has no issues sticking you with a load for being a couple minutes late.

Let me start by saying that if I being to feel sick in any way, I am getting home and getting checked out as fast as possible if I feel like it might be this virus.

That said, if I am on my way to deliver, and begin to feel a little bad, I would like to be able to just avoid people very carefully, get the wagon emptied, and then get home.

It's not like I am leased to a large carrier that can get another driver to take the load in for me. If I can't deliver the load, I am stuck with the freight in the trailer, and honestly not sure how my insurance company is going to look at a claim like this.

Going forward, not sure I will take any load that is going to be in my trailer multiple days and is going to one of these locations. Too much risk at this point, especially with rates looking to drop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread