Don't take an Amazon load and get sick.

Mike

In an email from Amazon....

With our ongoing focus on the health and safety of our employees, customers, carrier partners, and drivers, Amazon is adding additional preventative measures in our U.S. Operations buildings. We will be requiring a daily temperature check for everyone entering the building, including contractors and visitors. As a part of this effort we are asking your drivers and other employees to take their temperature each day before they arrive at their first pick up location or our buildings, starting immediately. If an individual’s temperature is above 38.0ºC or 100.4°F, they cannot run their scheduled route or work that day - you should immediately send the driver home, ensuring to limit any contact. Drivers should not return to work until fever-free for 72 hours without medication.

Further, at main entrances to our buildings, we will be conducting daily temperature checks for everyone entering the building. This change will go into effect at different times for each building with all buildings being implemented as quickly as procedures and necessary equipment are available. On-site temperature checks will not be conducted at yard or driver entrances. If drivers or other carrier employees (e.g., driver managers) enter our buildings through the main entrance, they will be required to participate in on-site temperature checks to gain entrance in addition to existing security requirements. Anyone at our buildings who has a temperature over 38.0ºC or 100.4ºF is to return home. Individuals are asked not return to work until they are 72 hours fever free without medication. This includes all Amazon Associates, vendors and contractors.

It probably is, but nobody cares.

At best, in the US anyway, a Fourth Amendment argument could be made.

At least before they started the “War on Drugs” and the Fourth went out the friggin window...

At best, in the US anyway, a Fourth Amendment argument could be made.

At least before they started the “War on Drugs” and the Fourth went out the friggin window...
I was thinking more along the lines of medical privacy laws. A lawyer might try to make an argument.

first its the thermometers, then its the papers, then its a friendly train ride and a nice hot shower and nap with your truckin buddies(or not). As ive said this is turning into a what can we get people to do/give up, in the name of safety. we are the ants in the plastic walled house and the overlords are watching. im not big into conspiracy theory's but...

Last edited:
Good Luck at the Northfield Fly J that place is a complete mess 24/7 everyday..

I won't even fuel there anymore
Because Northfield has a McLane food right there and a cereal plant next door

McLane doesn't start unloading trucks until 8 pm and screws up the parking as a result.

It turns into a ghost town for a bit around 7 pm when all the trucks herd over to check in for their appointment.

Because Northfield has a McLane food right there and a cereal plant next door

McLane doesn't start unloading trucks until 8 pm and screws up the parking as a result.

It turns into a ghost town for a bit around 7 pm when all the trucks herd over to check in for their appointment.
I pick up at Post occasionally...

Usually I park at our Terminal if I'm picking up there and those are almost always "light loads" so ain't gotta worry about scaling

No it isn’t. They can require whatever they want when accessing their building. You have the option to not go. The option to not go is the option I am taking.
YOU have that option. You don't work there.

What would happen to Sinister if he refused?

(Not that there's any logic or reason behind refusing, this is strictly hypothetical.)

YOU have that option. You don't work there.

What would happen to Sinister if he refused?

(Not that there's any logic or reason behind refusing, this is strictly hypothetical.)

Find another job. He’s not going to be arrested, fined, or anything like that. He simply loses his job.

I believe a company can institute any rules they want because nobody is being forced to enter.

It’s the same as the debates over inward facing cameras in a truck. You have the option to go work somewhere else or do something else entirely.

I think some of these things are nonsense, but I don’t see constitutional violations.

Find another job. He’s not going to be arrested, fined, or anything like that. He simply loses his job.

I believe a company can institute any rules they want because nobody is being forced to enter.

It’s the same as the debates over inward facing cameras in a truck. You have the option to go work somewhere else or do something else entirely.

I think some of these things are nonsense, but I don’t see constitutional violations.
So absolutely any kind of "do this or you're fired" is legal, with no exceptions?

Harvey Weinstein is going to be SO PISSED at his lawyers when he hears this revelation. 😅

Last edited:

I think they'd be constitutional violations if they just stopped people randomly. Like with DWI checkpoints that shouldn't exist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread