Dollar Generals

tommyh

around my neck of the woods there are a lot of Dollar General stores,usually isolated out in nowhere or on the edge of town.Lately robbers been having a field day robbing them.I have one near my house and it has been robbed twice in the last 3 weeks.One 5 milles away has been robbed 3 times in 3 weeks,and today one got robbed 14 miles away.Seems Dollar General or the cops have not done anything.I just got back from the store and the gal working there is scared to death.
I don`t like to see my friends and neighbors like that over some idiot criminal.Next week,I might go get a permit for a pistol

nope,that don`t pay,but they need someone with a badge on
don't matter, security guards can be "in on it" as well. cops for detail pay are outrageously priced.

security cameras are a reasonably priced of safety for the employees, and hopefully, no harm to them.

for what those items cost the store themselves, hey, it's a dollar store, most likely everything they buy is like 25¢ and mark it up to a dollar, it doesn't take too much for the store to recoup that loss. money from the cash register is easily replaced by the insurance company.

since you say it "seems like" the store doesn't care, or the cops either, why should you..>???

there may be a "target time" for the stores to be hit by the robbers.

find out when that time is, and either stay away, or take a gun, and play a hero.

then go to jail yourself. for whatever crime, YOU COMMITED......

I needed some brake fluid for my pickup and I went by there and to my surprise a county mountie was sitting in the parking lot.The clerk was much relieved ...I had a good talk with the deputy, and thanked him for calming the clerk down.There has been a lot of robberies around here lately by hood rats.If Dollar general would stick a few cameras up on the outside it would give the cops a vehicle description,which they usually don`t have.

I needed some brake fluid for my pickup and I went by there and to my surprise a county mountie was sitting in the parking lot.The clerk was much relieved ...I had a good talk with the deputy, and thanked him for calming the clerk down.There has been a lot of robberies around here lately by hood rats.If Dollar general would stick a few cameras up on the outside it would give the cops a vehicle description,which they usually don`t have.
true, the more cameras the better. i am not certain if there is some sort of insurance discount having them as well, and if not, then there should be.

the cop car you saw there, may not be there forever. it is costly to have a cop sit. detail pay, is when the cop(s) are off duty and they do that extra work, but i know here, it is double time they get. not too many businesses can afford to pay detail pay, over say any multimillion dollar construction site, as one example.

that is the danger of ANY employee, working ANY job where there is a cash flow. 24 hour stores get robbed, mostly cuz they have "some cash" on hand, cigarettes, and can be robbed at (say) 2 AM, over 10 AM. not that broad daylight robberies do not happen, i think most robberies are done at night, or in the wee hours of the mornings.

the clerk will just have to get over it, or quit. she may be entitled to some sort of short term state disability for counseling to help her thru this time. if not, oh well.....

get another job. yeah i know, easier said than done, but what is the alternative? stay there, get robbed again, maybe sexually assaulted, or killed.???

they caught that hood rat that had been robbing all the stores.18 charges and rising.
He served 18 years before in the slammer,so he is heading back.
the FBI is now involved and the robberies cross state lines, Hoodrat is facing federal
charges in South Carolina and more could be pending in North Carolina.

good riddance !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread