Do you ever attend trucking shows?

Mike

Whether it be the Mid America Trucking Show, Great American Trucking Show, or any of the others, have you ever attended one, or do you even try to attend them?

The 2008 Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) will be here March 27th - March 29th, in Louisville, Kentucky. Anybody think they will make it? This one, I definitely won't be at as I am running a regional route now, and will probably never see Kentucky.

The 2008 Great American Trucking Show (GATS) will take place August 21-23, and the Dallas Convention Center, Dallas Texas. This one I might be able to attend, mainly since it is less than an hour drive from my house. Not sure why I have never attended this one yet.

These are just two of the many truck shows that take place every year.

So, who is going to a truck show this year? Which one?

Whether it be the Mid America Trucking Show,
NO

Great American Trucking Show,
NO

or any of the others,
NO

have you ever attended one,
NO

or do you even try to attend them?
NO

The 2008 Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) will be here March 27th - March 29th, in Louisville, Kentucky. Anybody think they will make it? This one, I definitely won't be at as I am running a regional route now, and will probably never see Kentucky.
NO

The 2008 Great American Trucking Show (GATS) will take place August 21-23, and the Dallas Convention Center, Dallas Texas. This one I might be able to attend, mainly since it is less than an hour drive from my house. Not sure why I have never attended this one yet.
NO

These are just two of the many truck shows that take place every year.
just like country music awards. one (practically) every month

So, who is going to a truck show this year? Which one?
NOT ME. i drive those d@mned things, i cannot wait to get out of it and be home doing things around the house. if i were on the road like in my past jobs, i would definately avoid the area.

i don't need to see anything trucking related when i'm on "my time". i'll gladly "read all about it" in the magazines i get.

I like looking at all the different variations of trucks that are hitting the roads these days. It's kind of like shopping for a house, no harm in looking right?

I like looking at all the different variations of trucks that are hitting the roads these days. It's kind of like shopping for a house, no harm in looking right?

after driving all day, and being in the business all these years, looking at more trucks on my "off time" isn't ever going to be my first priority. i'd rather have my eyes burned outta my head before i waste my time, money, and energy walking around a truck show.

in fact, i don't go to car shows, boat shows, camping shows, home shows, whatever shows.

if i want something, i go to the store and by it.

any "show" is nothing but a paid commercial, from the time you pay for the ticket, till the time you leave.

i'd rather spend my money for a "movie show", and be entertained for about 2 hours.

after driving all day, and being in the business all these years, looking at more trucks on my "off time" isn't ever going to be my first priority. i'd rather have my eyes burned outta my head before i waste my time, money, and energy walking around a truck show.

in fact, i don't go to car shows, boat shows, camping shows, home shows, whatever shows.

if i want something, i go to the store and by it.

any "show" is nothing but a paid commercial, from the time you pay for the ticket, till the time you leave.

i'd rather spend my money for a "movie show", and be entertained for about 2 hours.

To each his own...everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

I like the exercise of walking around the shows as well as being intrigued by all the "new" stuff... as opposed to just sitting in a movie theater watching a big screen

I'm glad you are able to do the things you enjoy as that what makes "home-time" worth it right?

To each his own...everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I'm glad you are able to do the things you enjoy as that what makes "home-time" worth it right?

got that pretty much right on. i own a home, and if anyone else here does, you know that home ownership affords itself with lots of things to do each time you're home. in fact, i look forward to the boss telling me that there isn't enough work, and wants "volunteer's to take a day off, or work fewer hours...

i'm at the front of that line.....!!!!:bounce:

got that pretty much right on. i own a home, and if anyone else here does, you know that home ownership affords itself with lots of things to do each time you're home. in fact, i look forward to the boss telling me that there isn't enough work, and wants "volunteer's to take a day off, or work fewer hours...

i'm at the front of that line.....!!!!:bounce:

And don't you find that there is NEVER enough hours in the day to do all the things you need/want to do before it's back to the grind?:thud:

And don't you find that there is NEVER enough hours in the day to do all the things you need/want to do before it's back to the grind?:thud:

yep, just like vacations. i need a week off from the week off i had.....:biglaugh:

We go to the big truck shows every time we get a chance. Hubby and I love trucking, we love being out here, and it is a fun even meeting others and checking out things at these shows.

I try to get to either GATS or MATS each year. I love trucks, always have, and it is a fun atmosphere for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread