Do Not Call listings aren't forever

Cybergal

So I take it that if we re-register our numbers the list will keep going then?

Do Not Call listings aren't forever
9/21/07
WASHINGTON - The cherished dinner hour void of telemarketers could vanish next year for millions of people when phone numbers begin dropping off the national Do Not Call list.
The Federal Trade Commission, which oversees the list, says there is a simple fix. But some lawmakers think it is a hassle to expect people to re-register their phone numbers every five years.
Numbers placed on the registry, begun in June 2003, are valid for five years. For the millions of people who signed onto the list in its early days, their numbers will automatically drop off beginning next June if they do not enroll again.
Do Not Call listings aren't forever - Yahoo! News

pretty bad when you have to call to take your name off a solicitors list and then gotta do to again. what i don't understand is if i can somebody and they say don't call me and if i do then i am charged with harrassment. but if these solicitors call me and i say don't call they harrass me anyways. wtf ? but i win in the end, i have no home phone. cell phone for everything.

pretty bad when you have to call to take your name off a solicitors list and then gotta do to again. what i don't understand is if i can somebody and they say don't call me and if i do then i am charged with harrassment. but if these solicitors call me and i say don't call they harrass me anyways. wtf ? but i win in the end, i have no home phone. cell phone for everything.

it dont matter they still call cell numbers to i had to put my cell numbers on the list a few yreas back

I had one call my cell and said I signed something somewhere and listed my cell as a home phone so he was allowed to call it. I told him I was allowed to hang up on him. I think he was lying anyway.

They last a few years. Just go to do not call web site and check your numbers out.

Anybody you give the number too, such as at the check out lane is then given automatic permission to call you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread