Diesel reaches lowest average price in three months

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
The average price of a gallon of on-highway diesel went down 2.5 cents to $2.539 per gallon for the week ending Monday, March 20. This marks the second consecutive decrease after four straight weeks of increases and the lowest prices since Dec. 19 when diesel cost $2.527.

Diesel price averages went down in all 10 regions in the U.S., according to the Energy Information Administration. The largest average decrease was in the Gulf Coast region, where prices at the pump went down by 3.9 cents per gallon. Prices decreased by six-tenths of a cent in the New England region, the smallest decrease in the nation.

full story

Two of the Love's here in AZ has lowered its Diesel prices by 50 cent per gallon just last week. Why would they do that? The fuel stations were backed up out to the street (in Casa Grande) until who knows when, I went to sleep around 12 am, then filled up in the morning 6 am.

Hilltop travel plaza.
Alma, Arkansas.

Pre tax cost their for me was $1.94 last week. It's an AMBEST truckstop.

Best part? No Bio at all.

Okay @Mike color me absolutely "Confused"...

Minus really COLD Weather the "BIO" Diesel actually adds the Lubrication Properties of Old High Sulfir diesel...

Infact BIO BLEND beats most Shelf "ADDITIVES" that cost $15/$20 a quart at a Truckstop....

Except REAL COLD......BIO DIESEL does GELL faster and clog filters in BITTER COLD..

Okay @Mike color me absolutely "Confused"...

Minus really COLD Weather the "BIO" Diesel actually adds the Lubrication Properties of Old High Sulfir diesel...

Infact BIO BLEND beats most Shelf "ADDITIVES" that cost $15/$20 a quart at a Truckstop....

Except REAL COLD......BIO DIESEL does GELL faster and clog filters in BITTER COLD..

Untreated bio diesel will gel/ice at 30 degrees. Far from bitter cold.

Biodiesel doesn't gel any faster.

It's titrated from alcohol, water and veggie oil
Alcohol is hygroscopic meaning it absorbs water.that water then freezes under 32°F.

And that's part of the reason that states in the snow belt lower the biodiesel requirements in the winter.

$2.979 at the T&A.

$2.599 at the Pee Lot 10 miles away.

T&A seems overpriced everywhere I go.

TA is 5 miles above the Mason Dixon Line in PA and Pilot is 5 miles below it in MD. Some of it is taxes but I don't think it amounts to nearly 40 cents a gallon worth.
It's almost exactly 40 cpg difference in fuel tax.

PA is actually a cheaper base price.

Screenshot_20170403-200216.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread