Detroit detroit series 60

prostrucking

I have a 2005 detroit series 60 with 170,miles with a bad head, i can be down for up to 2wks because the castings from detroit were bad.I'm looking
for owner/ operators with the same problem.

Had Detroit recognized this as a problem on their end, or is this what the shop is telling you?

I have a 2005 detroit series 60 with 170,miles with a bad head, i can be down for up to 2wks because the castings from detroit were bad.I'm looking
for owner/ operators with the same problem.

if its true that the heads were bad from the factory, and DD isn't going to warranty any of it, then a class action suit should be filed.

but, the question was already asked, was it the factory that said this, or the repair shop you went to said this.............

now, if its a DD authorized shop, or the dealer itself, then they pretty much admitted fault.

right now, i don't know of anyone with the same problem, and the DD engined truck i ran only had a coolant tube problem. that tube runs along the top of the engine. it was a very simple fix, no down time required.

i'm looking to buy a freightliner columbia with a 14L detroit 455 HP 10 speed, and i don't know anything about this engine ... pls any help??????

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread