Deer Car-Truck accidents

Right now I will take one...and need one...:p

thru thick and thin no matter what i have always been here to cheer you up and make you laugh.

oooo, I almost got whiped out in this kind of accident on I-70 about seven years ago. Good post cybergal! This is especially good to keep in mind this time of year when the vermin are very active.

Deer are a big problem here in GA. The best advice I could give anyone is to slow down and keep your eyes peeled, especially at dusk and dawn.

I had never hit a deer before.... Until last night.

I was on 82, heading East into Albany Georgia and the damn thing ran right out across the highway in front of me. I hit the brakes to miss him with the tractor and the stupid animal turned around and ran right back under the trailer. Last thing I felt was a "bump", LOL.

One other thing to remember with deer, is that if one comes across the road, there will probably be one or more following them. I've seen a lot of accidents where it was the second or third door across the road that caused the accident.

I had never hit a deer before.... Until last night.

I was on 82, heading East into Albany Georgia and the damn thing ran right out across the highway in front of me. I hit the brakes to miss him with the tractor and the stupid animal turned around and ran right back under the trailer. Last thing I felt was a "bump", LOL.

did you pick it up and take it home ? cook that sucker up. :cheers:

Aw that is terrible to hear about the animals crossing the road and will keep in mind if I ever encounter that.

just remember a deer will do a lot less damage than trying to swerve around it and going in the ditch and rolling your truck or taking out another vehicle. Hit the deer!

I had a buck try to jump over my car once and didn't make it. It almost came through my windshield needless to say I had to get a new windshield.

Aaah I really do not want to hit the deer however when you put it that way, I don't want to run into another car or truck or go down a ditch.

In the northwest deer are the least of your worries. you have bears, moose and elk. And in Wyoming and surouding you have Antilope.

1 year ago or so i was driving up sr 138 in jonesboro, ga when a deer came out of the woods and committed suicide by using the car i was driving. he was as long as the car (honda) as the damage ran from the front bumper to the rear bumper. i saw him in front of me right before it happened. i actually looked into it's eyes and it was like he did it on purpose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread