Decent company that will train a noob in Northern California.

ariqs

I would like to become a trucker. I don't currently have the money to go to school so I need one of those companies that hires you and then trains you. I used to be a lot more particular about the idea, but I'm quite ready for a change from my current job. Thanks. I am about 50 miles southeast of Sacramento.

389 Hood

Broward Community College USED to offer the CDL school when I lived there. Not sure if it's still available or not.

Uncle Birchy

I would like to become a trucker. I don't currently have the money to go to school so I need one of those companies that hires you and then trains you. I used to be a lot more particular about the idea, but I'm quite ready for a change from my current job. Thanks. I am about 50 miles southeast of Sacramento.
Back in the day ..early 2000s

All I hadda do was get laid off at Krenz & Company the Fan Factory..

Hadda still be "engaged" that point & time collect your Unemployment Check, Food Stamps, and Energy Assistance..

State of Wisconsin Department Of Workforce Development paid for my Trucking School although I hadda pay on credit card motel and meals in Sun Prarie outside of Madison

Uncle Birchy

Back in the day ..early 2000s

All I hadda do was get laid off at Krenz & Company the Fan Factory..

Hadda still be "engaged" that point & time collect your Unemployment Check, Food Stamps, and Energy Assistance..

State of Wisconsin Department Of Workforce Development paid for my Trucking School although I hadda pay on credit card motel and meals in Sun Prarie outside of Madison
Now I will say this "Graduated" Class A CDL..

But finding that 1st Job "No Experience" was a "B-Word"..

Ended up at a Lumber Yard in Menominee Falls driving a Boom truck and stacking bundles of shingles on roof tops...

I'm crossed that alreast if with a "Carrier" program ya gotta give em a year .

But after that contract ya already know what 2 do get a job most places that's "provided" ya kept a "Clean MVR" no tickets or wrecks..

Basically "Carrier Program" it comes with Guaranteed Job..

Also believe it or not there's guys who started with places like Swift or Werner Enterprises been there 25 years only trucking job they ever had..

So for all the "B/S" Talking obviously some guys like the "Corporate" Carrier feel they make a "Good $$$" and just Stayed

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread