Dead Driver in Dallas

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – What started as an early morning traffic stop quickly turned into a murder investigation. It’s a disturbing homicide case that has Dallas police asking who, what, where, when and why.

Officers said the brakes appeared to be locking up on an 18-wheeler so they stopped the driver as a safety precaution. The truck was pulled over on Interstate-20 in far southwest Dallas, near Bonnie View.
According to police, the semi driver was very cooperative even after an officer noticed something unusual.
“While interviewing the driver of the vehicle, he [the officer] noticed that there was someone laying down inside of the truck,” Dallas police Sgt. Benny Handley explained. “At that point the officer got the driver out and found a deceased person inside the vehicle.”
Investigators say it appears the male victim was stabbed to death. The unidentified man is believed to be between 45 and 50 years old.
Word of the dead body quickly spread through cargo corridor of I-20, between I-45 and 35, leaving many drivers talking about the dangers of the job.
Trucker Jeff Melvin said, “It’s heartbreaking, for the drivers out here, in general.”
Trucker Charles Harris agreed that the situation was sad. “Things have really changed its getting dangerous and you have to be careful,” he said.
Detectives haven’t said if the victim is the original operator of the truck.
The rig belongs to CRST Carrier Group, based in Alabama. A spokesman with the company told CBS 11 News they have very limited information about the situation.
The driver of the truck is talking with investigators.
“Right now he’s being detained. It’s a homicide investigation,” Sgt. Handley said. “We haven’t said that he is under arrest or anything like that, but he is being detained and questioned in the homicide.”
The identity of the big rig driver hasn’t been released.

CRST Carrier Group, based in Alabama?

Not the same as CRST in Cedar Rapids, IA?

Don't CRST have a yard in Alabama?

From a boring "blah blah blah" web page I just found when I Googled "CRST Carrier Group":

CRST International has announced that it has formed two new operating companies: CRST Dedicated Services and CRST Capacity Solutions. The two companies will become part of the CRST Carrier Group, which oversees CRST Van Expedited, CRST Malone and CRST Premier Transport.

So yeah, it's the same company.

Which leads me to wonder why they own a green Peterbilt?

I'm not wondering about the dead body, there ain't no mystery about that. It's CRST, ...

I'm just wondering about the green Peterbilt. Could it be that they actually found an O/O to work for them?

Body found in Dallas truck ID'd, driver arrested for murder

The body discovered in a Dallas truck Monday morning has been identified as a 46-year-old Texas man and the driver has been arrested for first-degree murder.

Dallas Police Department spokeswoman Sherri Jeffrey said James Lynn of Lancaster, TX, was the man discovered by an officer making a traffic stop Monday, Aug. 20, around 4 a.m. The driver of the truck, 49-year-old Roderick Jordan of Mineral Spring, AR, was arrested on charges of first-degree murder Monday afternoon and is being held on $500,000 bond.

The arrest warrant stated Lynn’s body was found after an officer spotted a green bobtail truck traveling on the service road near Interstate 20 with the tires smoking and pulled it over. Jordan first told police there was no one else in the truck. When the officer asked permission to check inside the vehicle, Jordan agreed. The officer saw the body of a black male and asked who he was. Jordan responded, “He is dead.”

Further investigation confirmed the victim was dead and had “what appeared to be several stab wounds.” Jordan’s bloodstained clothing was later collected by Dallas police.

Originally, police were unsure if the truck was stolen. Police said today that Jordan was the registered driver of the truck. The Associated Press reported that police haven’t said what they think the relationship was between the two men.

source

Maria said:
The body discovered in a Dallas truck Monday morning has been identified as a 46-year-old Texas man and the driver has been arrested for first-degree murder.

Dallas Police Department spokeswoman Sherri Jeffrey said James Lynn of Lancaster, TX, was the man discovered by an officer making a traffic stop Monday, Aug. 20, around 4 a.m. The driver of the truck, 49-year-old Roderick Jordan of Mineral Spring, AR, was arrested on charges of first-degree murder Monday afternoon and is being held on $500,000 bond.

The arrest warrant stated Lynn’s body was found after an officer spotted a green bobtail truck traveling on the service road near Interstate 20 with the tires smoking and pulled it over. Jordan first told police there was no one else in the truck. When the officer asked permission to check inside the vehicle, Jordan agreed. The officer saw the body of a black male and asked who he was. Jordan responded, “He is dead.”

Further investigation confirmed the victim was dead and had “what appeared to be several stab wounds.” Jordan’s bloodstained clothing was later collected by Dallas police.

Originally, police were unsure if the truck was stolen. Police said today that Jordan was the registered driver of the truck. The Associated Press reported that police haven’t said what they think the relationship was between the two men.

source

If it is what I think it is. Yet another reason to not drive "teams"...

If it is what I think it is. Yet another reason to not drive "teams"...

About a year ago there was a stabbing incident at Iowa 80. I read it on that "other" forum. Two people from that forum were there at the time. I think one of them might have been [MENTION=8932]blackw900[/MENTION]?? I don't know, ... I just remember they were saying it was a team in a FedEx truck, or a contractor pulling FedEx trailers,.. One of the guys stabbed the other one.

About a year ago there was a stabbing incident at Iowa 80. I read it on that "other" forum. Two people from that forum were there at the time. I think one of them might have been @blackw900?? I don't know, ... I just remember they were saying it was a team in a FedEx truck, or a contractor pulling FedEx trailers,.. One of the guys stabbed the other one.

BW at a truck stop??? NO WAY!

oh wait... it was the Iowa 80.... Might have entered a beauty contest er sumpin.

BW at a truck stop??? NO WAY!

oh wait... it was the Iowa 80.... Might have entered a beauty contest er sumpin.

Here's the post. I ain't gonna explain how I found it, ... cuz they have their search function disabled for guests, ... & I aint posting a link to it here, ...

blackw900 on the evil forum said:
Tonight I was sitting in my truck at the Iowa 80 talking to a friend on the phone. I mentioned to him that some guy had hobbled by my truck dressed like a homeless bum carrying one of his crocks and limping real bad. We were laughing at the people who wear such innapropriate clothing around trucks and then wonder why they get hurt.

AND THEN IT GOT INTERESTING!

A few minutes later I saw all kinds of cop cars around my truck and people were running around looking all freaked out so I looked out to see what was up and the "homeless looking driver" was laying on the ground bleeding like a stuck pig!

I thought that one of the parking lot speeders had run over him but it was far more dramatic than that...
Apparently as it turns out, The "homeless looking driver" was a FedEx Ground team driver and he and his team mate were having some "issues" and had been arguing and fighting inside the truckstop. As the situation escalated they started getting physical and apparently that's how the "homeless looking driver" wound up hobbling out through the parking lot towards his truck.
About 20 feet from my truck there was apparently some sort of confrontation between the "two idiots" and the "homeless looking driver" got stabbed in the chest by his team mate.

From what I gathered about the situation from a couple of employees at the truckstop the "two idiots" were fighting about a woman and it got a little out of hand.

So now one idiot is in the hospital, Another idiot is in jail and FedEx ground has a truck sitting at the Iowa 80 with no one to drive it.

Way to go guys....

Rubber Duck said:
Here's the post. I ain't gonna explain how I found it, ... cuz they have their search function disabled for guests, ... & I aint posting a link to it here, ...

I guess it didn't absolutely have to be there.

Crst pulls a lot out of home depot just outside of dallas at grand prairie. Set there and wait to get called in to load and ten of them will pull in the staging lot in 5 minutes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread