• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Damn Swift!

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
My uncle Larry is in a hospital somewhere in Wyoming.

Swift rear-ended the Prime truck he was driving. o_O

Arm in sling, concussion,bruises from seat belt or steering wheel.

My aunt is needing to know a couple things...

Is Prime responsible for getting him home to Missouri?
And who pays for workman's comp? Prime, or Swift?

No word on the status of the Swift driver. I don't even know where in Wyoming other than I-80.

In a text he sent to my aunt, he said they were sending a truck out of SLC to pick him up but when they called & said the truck was there to pick him up, by the time he got outside, the truck was gone.
:dunno:

Prime will be responsible to pay lost time and medical since he is their employee.

That would become a loss profit claim for prime.

Prime will subrogate it back to Swift.

It might never see work comp because the personal injury protection in the motor vehicle insurance would be primary.

Lost wages would be under property liability.

Last edited:
Was your uncle one of those Primes you love to bitch about going 54 mph in a 70 and Swift was running top of his governor at 68 if it was a lease-op? Funny whose fault it is when it's you behind a Prime tearing your hair out.

For the record: 95% chance it's Swift's fault. If it was a company truck, there will be video recording of it. If your uncle pulled the typical Prime crap of jumping out in front of that Swift (if he was climbing Sherman loaded and Swift empty and Uncle just had to pass another loaded truck or diving into the travel lane from the shoulder, for example) it won't be charged back to Swift.

And concussion? Uncle probably wasn't wearing a seat belt.

Was your uncle one of those Primes you love to ***** about going 54 mph in a 70 and Swift was running top of his governor at 68 if it was a lease-op?
Probably.
Funny whose fault it is when it's you behind a Prime tearing your hair out.
When they're in front of ME going slow, it's Prime's fault. Because I said so. :toothpick:
For the record: 95% chance it's Swift's fault. If it was a company truck, there will be video recording of it. If your uncle pulled the typical Prime crap of jumping out in front of that Swift (if he was climbing Sherman loaded and Swift empty and just had to pass another loaded truck or diving into the travel lane from the shoulder, for example) it won't be charged back to Swift.
I haven't heard any details yet. I also have no freakin clue what kind of driver my uncle is. I know he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, because I told him to stay away from Prime, and also told him to stay out of Wyoming in the winter.

Snow/ice/wind might've been a factor though. I looked at the Weatherbug radar as soon as I heard Wyoming & there was a little bit of blue stuff over the state. Scattered though, didn't look too bad.
And concussion? Uncle probably wasn't wearing a seat belt.
Or he's one of those guys who insist on having his air seat all the way up. o_O

They just reopened 80 in WY after a major winter storm. Chances are it was still snow packed/icy.

Yep, Swifties are award winning. I imagine this one is going to win an "award" from the state of Wyoming.

He has been trapped on an interstate they knew the storm was going to hit a week before, and now got run over by a Swift:eek:

I do not think driving is gonna work out for him:toothpick:

They just reopened 80 in WY after a major winter storm. Chances are it was still snow packed/icy.

Yep, Swifties are award winning. I imagine this one is going to win an "award" from the state of Wyoming.
I wouldn't mind seeing the details of the crash.

I wouldn't mind seeing the details of the crash.
I'd like to hear it too. Maybe I'll call him tomorrow.

Prime sent a truck to pick him up and take him home to Missouri via Denver.

Since the guy they sent came from SLC, I'm guessing that with only one driver they'll make it to Denver by Sunday night, then Springfield by Thursday. ;)

I saw this picture on Facebook today. Poster said it was near the west end of Wyoming on 80, though the mile marker shows differently... about ten miles east of Laramie.

1915592_1039663112759275_1692145468645131399_n.jpg

Doesn't look like any front end damage, and the position of the wreckers looks like they just tipped it back up after a rollover.

So I guess the one who rear ended Uncle Prime wasn't the only Swifty to get in trouble today.

I'd like to hear it too. Maybe I'll call him tomorrow.

Prime sent a truck to pick him up and take him home to Missouri via Denver.

Since the guy they sent came from SLC, I'm guessing that with only one driver they'll make it to Denver by Sunday night, then Springfield by Thursday. ;)

I saw this picture on Facebook today. Poster said it was near the west end of Wyoming on 80, though the mile marker shows differently... about ten miles east of Laramie.

View attachment 33875

Doesn't look like any front end damage, and the position of the wreckers looks like they just tipped it back up after a rollover.

So I guess the one who rear ended Uncle Prime wasn't the only Swifty to get in trouble today.
So... how's your uncle doing, and what's the story?

Or he's one of those guys who insist on having his air seat all the way up.
Or, he hit his head around the door area, easy to do that with the seatbelt on.

Backwoods Hick Mobile Plan...

tin-can-telephone.jpg

You misspelled Misery and is he related to @Blood pretty sure all of them are over there.
I think most of the population of Missouri is descended from the same three families.

I'm not kidding either.

Half the freakin' people are named Dinwiddie or Dudley, or are related to people who are.

You should see my aunt's Facebook friends list. :confused:

Didn't whine enough... OTOH, if the wheels ain't turnin' th' company guys ain't earnin'...

:toothpick:
I don't know him very well but I would tend to think that instead of being a whiner, he's a man with an enormous amount of patience.

He was a manager at McDonald's & Sonic for years and years, working with teenagers,... and never got fired for beating the hell out of any of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread